Resizing 223 brass to 6.8 spc

markley

What special die do I need to do this? I have never done this and I am wanting to get a 6.8spc upper and want to reload for it.

Originally Posted By: markleyWhat special die do I need to do this? I have never done this and I am wanting to get a 6.8spc upper and want to reload for it.

You CAN NOT make 6.8 from 223 brass.

Wrong size body, wrong size head. Wrong size everything
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: ab_bentley6.8 Spc is based on the 35 Remington. Adam

I thought it was the 30 Remington case? Is the 30 Remington the same case head size as a 35 Remington?

Originally Posted By: venaticOriginally Posted By: ab_bentley6.8 Spc is based on the 35 Remington. Adam

I thought it was the 30 Remington case? Is the 30 Remington the same case head size as a 35 Remington?

The 6.8 is not based on the 35 Remington. Different critter.

The 6.8 is a 0.421" case, as is the 25 and 30 Remington.

The 35 Remington is a 0.457" case.

Originally Posted By: CatShooterOriginally Posted By: venaticOriginally Posted By: ab_bentley6.8 Spc is based on the 35 Remington. Adam

The 6.8 is not based on the 35 Remington. Different critter.

The 6.8 is a 0.421" case, as is the 25 and 30 Remington.

The 35 Remington is a 0.457" case.

I was looking as you replied
cool.gif
Yep it was the 30 Remington not the 35. I learned also that the 10mm pistol is based off the 30 Remington case... did not know that.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: markleySo since I am wanting an AR upper the 223bcg won't work with the 6.8 rounds?

Yes and no

You will need a new bolt but you can use the same carrier.

Back