Jack Russell ?

awohlf78

I just bought my first parsons jack russell. Has anyone ever used one as a decoy dog? What are you guys out there hunting with them they seem to be a fun dog

ive heard of them being used as decoy dogs. just dont know how good they can see or get around in taller cover. most everyone i have seen think they are 10 foot tall and bullet proof. that could be good or could be deadly for them.

Here is what I posted in your post in the Predator Hunting forum:

The Parson Russel Terrier (aka Parson Jack Russel) is the show variety of the jack russel. I'm sure they still have the terrier hunting instinct that is so strong in a normal jack russel. Should do well, Kelly Jackson used a pair for a quite a while. One issue with a small terrier, is their ability to see over the grass or sage.

Just keep a close eye on him, so he doesn't get rolled up by a pair of coyotes.

Tony

I want one so bad I can taste it. I think they would make excellent decoy dogs because of their size. They are cooler than heck to watch. I love how they are the biggest, baddest dog on the block in their own mind. If it wasnt for a buddy talking me out of it I would own 2 or 3. They are too much dog for me to take care of though. They also kill everything in site. I told Kelly my wife had a cat and wondered if that would be a problem. I still laugh at what he told me. He said, tell you wife in advance Im sorry your new dog killed her cat.

I have a jack he trys to whoop everything in sight. Thought about maybe decoying on coyotes but his ego will probly get him ate.

I have a jack he trys to whoop everything in sight. Thought about maybe decoying on coyotes but his ego will probly get him ate.

Back