Bass Pro scopes

pyscodog

Just came from BPS and they have a new scope made for them. Its called Occulus. The one I looked at was a 6x24. Inside the store, the glass was very clear. It was a SF and 30mm tube. Also had a fine cross hair with what looked like mil dots. Price was $299.00. Has anyone see or used one, maybe have one for a review?
Also looked at a Loopy VX-R. It has the lited dot. Looked like a coyote's nitemare to me. I also got to set behind one at the club yesterday. That little dot would be great in low light conditions I think. A bit more expensive than the Occulus though.

The VX-R is a VX-3 class scope, so it should be an excellent scope.

The Oculus is a new scope line from BassPro, made in China. I've looked through them and, at least in the store, they appear to have good glass and are pretty bright. I was impressed with the 4x16 in 1" and the 6x24 with 30mm tube, especially when you factor in the cost. Time will tell on these.

Curiosity is driving me buggy on the Oculus. I agree, the glass was very clear in the store and I liked the 6x24. I thought I might put it on a triple duece I'm tinkering with.

they always look good in the store, it's when you get it in the field, heat shimmer becomes a factor on low budget scopes, just like s fine pair of sunglasses, proper coatings on the glass reduce heat shimmer or eliminate it totally, most low budget scopes lack these additional coatings which in turn gives you terrible heat shimmer when looking through the scope at even minor distances, so I would wait a little longer save a little more and get the best you can afford.

RR

Back