Leupold VX-6 2-12 42mm

d2admin

Administrator
Recently purchased the Leupold VX-6 with the Illuminated Fire Dot in a long range duplex configuration. Mounted it on my Remington 700 CDL SF LE 17 Fireball to use for night hunting fox and coyote and some summer groundhog work. I really like the scope. It is very bright, crisp and very clear. The rectile was useful for 300 yard shots a well using the first dot below the crosshair.

I didnt' realize it when I ordered the scope but in the box it says that Leupold will make me a free turret to match my bullet. I called Leupold and they were awesome helping me get the correct ballistics for my load. They are creating the turret to match my load and sending it to me. All free or should I say included with the cost of the scope. Probably would of just got a standard crosshair if I realized that.

I could see myself buying another one of these scopes in a year or so when I can save up the cash. I have several Leupold scopes and Bushnell 4200's and I can say this is my favorite of the bunch.

The only negative for me is the turret cap is larger than my former Leupold Scope so my Kill Light bracket was too short to clear the cap. Having my gunsmith build a longer bracket to hold my light above the 30 mm scope.

Back