What is your favorite open reed hand call?

I'm addicted to buying calls. I have almost 100 and love them all. The one I have bought the most of is the TT Extreme. I have worn one completely out and given away about 10 of them. Any time someone is over reloading or hanging out in the garage, calling coyotes always comes up. They ask what I use to call with and I throw them an Extreme. Everyone that asks gets a call. It has given me a lot of joy to give these calls away. No one has declined to take them after trying them out either.

Hunter

" I also don't go any were with out the little Primos Cat-Nip that call is killer on cats and fox! " + 1 , It sure does !
thumbup1.gif

Originally Posted By: Hunter RigdonAny time someone is over reloading or hanging out in the garage, calling coyotes always comes up. They ask what I use to call with and I throw them an Extreme. Everyone that asks gets a call. It has given me a lot of joy to give these calls away. No one has declined to take them after trying them out either.

Hunter Rigdon, Can I come help you reload sometime? By the way, what do you use to call with? Ha Ha Just kidding. What makes the TT Extreme stand out over your other 100 calls?

I like this call because it does not take a lot of air to get it to work. This is very important when making 20 to 30 stands in a day and night. When calling rabbit distress this call easily lets you put feeling into the sound. Unlike the LSB, which is another TT Call, it takes a lot of air and is not designed to be a finesse call. It's just loud as He!! for windy days. You can also get very good juvenile howls and Ki Yi like crazy with it. These are the things I find appealing about this call. I would say come on down and do some reloading but you might not like the landscape of the Northeast Texas Panhandle. The only trees here are planted in the front yards of houses. We do have coyotes and being raised in this small community I have access to a lot of good country.

Hunter Rigdon, Do you like any of your custom calls more than your production TT Extreme? Are they worth the money or do you think a production call would be just as productive? I have herd some people say that they sand their reeds to make them work better. Are there any modifications that you have made to any of your calls?

My favorite is the Tally-ho. Ive tried quite a few different hand calls and the Tally-ho is the only one Ive had success with. So I went out and bought 5 or 6 of them. Im going to try and expand my bases this winter thought and try some different calls.

My favorite open reed call by far is the Double Trouble model I came up with a couple years ago.
It is by far the easiest open reed call to master on the market.
It is less prone to freezing because of the transverse angle on the toneboard.
They are CNC machined.

You can make single tones, dual tones, distress sounds, elk mews and more.

http://www.rhinocalls.com/PREDATOR_CALLS.html

Back