6x284 load data?

mtwood24

what are some starting loads? will be using this gun for coyotes/deer/elk. haven't ordered the barrel yet, planning on getting a 30 inch barrel, what twist would be most beneficial to me? thanks guys!

Do a google search and you should find some data.

An 8 twist is what I would get to stabilize the long, high BC bullets that would work best for your application.

Good luck with the new rifle.

I am shooting 95-grain Partitions propelled by H4831SC to velocities of about 3350 fps out of a 23-1/2 inch barrel. I won't reveal the charge weight for obvious reasons, but I'll say that I believe this load is safe based on my work with QuickLOAD and the rifle's behavior during load workups.

PM me and I will tell you more if you are interested.

Originally Posted By: mtwood24Do you guys think a 30 inch tube would be a help or a hindrance?

I guess the question you should ask yourself is

"How far am I going to be shooting?"
"How far am I going to be carrying the rifle?"

I am not worried about the weight, I can hack it... I mean as far as accuracy and working up a load for it... I imagine it will increase my velocity some...

i just got my 6-284 build 3 weeks ago. (its now getting camoed) but i went with a 27" 8 twist. I did the basic barrel break in. I was shooting 107SMK with H1000 I loaded 15 rounds with 43.5gr of H1000 bullet kissin the lands and i was averaging 3173fps. I was at the bottom of what the book recommends. I wouldnt recommend anytrhing over 28". I researched, researched, and researched some more before i invested. From what i found 28" is optimal (mostly bench shooters giving me info). Anything longer is a waste. I wouldnt go any shorter then 26" either but to each their own.

Back