opinions on buckmasters, old vs new

Travis224

I have the chance to get one of the old buckmasters scope...any issues with getting it over one of the new ones? I'd really like to get a custom turrent for longer range shooting.

If the price is right, go for it. I have a Buckmaster 3-9x50 that was purchased almost 10 years ago. I've been very happy with it. It's never shifted or fogged up on me and it's never really let me down in low light. I've upgraded a lot of my other scopes to Leupold's, Zeiss's, and a Bushy 6500, but there's a reason the Buckmaster stays where it's at. It just plain works and does exactly what I want it to.

I liked my old one with the AO on the bell better then my newer SF one. Old one seemed clearer to me.

I like them quite well. I wish they offered the 4.5-14 with the same turret options as the 6-18. But, none the less, good glass for the money IMO.

Originally Posted By: cecI liked my old one with the AO on the bell better then my newer SF one. Old one seemed clearer to me.

Owning several of both, I 100% agree. Don't know what it is, but those older 4-14 models seem to be clearer than the 6-18 models.

I have one of the old AO 4.5-14x40 Buckmasters, and I've spray painted it a few times, and beat the crud out of it. I honestly think there is no better scope for the money. I have several of the newer Buckmasters and can't really tell a difference in optical clarity between them.

Back