vortex viper pst 4-16x50

Tuck7

i have been looking at the vortex viper pst 4-16x50 to mount on my savage 243 predator hunter max 1,and was wondering if anybody has this scope and if so how do you like it?also what would be a good set of scope rings for that combination?

I've got a 2.5-10 PST. I really like some of the fetures on it but was a little disapointed in the glass. Not that it's bad jsut not as good as some of the owners hyped it up to be.

If you need certain functions, it's a good scope.

Tuck7
Iv got three of them. For the money they are hard to beat. The only draw back if your are hunting. You have to keep a eye on the turrets.

Iv got 2 of mine in Burris XRT rings and one in a set of NF.

Last edited:
I have 2 of the 6/24/50 pst models and like bfr4570 said you have to make sure you dont catch the turret on clothes or something else,other than that there great. I run egw low rings on a rem700 and a savage.

Not going to be much help but I just got one in the mail yesterday. Still waiting on my rifle so it hasn't seen any use yet. Out of the box I like the scope, but can't say much until I get out shooting. Joe bobs has them 10% until the 17th, that brought the price for the 4-16x50 ffp to $810 and free shipping.

Mike

As far as FFP or SFP. Is up to the person. I like SFP for hunting and like FFP for target. Now this is my opion just what I like.

Not trying to butt in here guys. Several have mentioned turrets moving. I've thought hard about one of the PST's myself. Are the turrets that loose that they move by accident? Just for my own curiosity...... Thanks for any info.
Idaho-45-5R

the turrets on the pst are as solid as my nightforce... really positive clicks, i have never had a problem with them moving or returning them to zero

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Idaho-45-5RNot trying to butt in here guys. Several have mentioned turrets moving. I've thought hard about one of the PST's myself. Are the turrets that loose that they move by accident? Just for my own curiosity...... Thanks for any info.
Idaho-45-5R

They have the zero stop option (shims that go in the scope turret) that are there to make it easy to re-zero the scope if they move. Not sure if they move easy or not as I just got my Vortex and haven't even mounted it. However, the turrets seem to be very solid to me. I am not concerned. Before I bought the scope I tried to find a bad review on it and could not. They seem to be very solid optics, especially for the money.

The only comment for that is they are open. I did have one get caught weeds and turn. I didnt notice it until after a shot. They have good secure clicks but they are open.

Back