Hunting dog photos lets see em!

bolski

IMG_0848.jpg
My new little girl at 10 months, hope she s ready for Dove next week. Now the fun.
IMG_0190.jpg
And of course the ole seasoned vets. Black is 10 and Choc is 12. Think another year is in him.

Bolski,

She is BEAUTIFUL!!

I had a Chocolate Lab and when she was a puppy she looked just like yours:)

Thanks for sharing and putting some fond memories back on the front of my mind!

Best of luck with her and i am sure she will do just fine......

Kevin

This is Ruger, he's an 8 1/2 month old full blooded Boxer, he loves the beach, chasing birds and getting into mischief... hopefully when I get him back state side I can talk the wife into letting me take him coyote hunting. But, if all else fails he's already proven to be a great hiking dog. We'll take him on some over night backpacking trips for sure when we get home.
photo-5.jpg

photo-4.jpg

photo-3.jpg

I'm going to try and take him to the one gun range on Oahu to get him used to the sound of shots...

All beautiful dogs. Glad I could get ya to smile Down wind. She is jumping off of a 4 ft high dock into a pond and retrievng quite well. Not bad for a pup. If I may brag a little. Very smart too. Sensitive like a women . I love all the photos and man do you guys have a view! Wow. Keep em coming
IMG_0910.jpg

Sprig with all his brothers and sister a few hours after being born. The mother is Tasha my buddies dog and my male Colby was the papa.
100_0083.jpg

Sprig on his first solo duck hunt without dad.
100_0216.jpg

Colby watching the safty of the gun. Dog would sit for hours waiting for the safty to get clicked.
Image033.jpg

Sprig making it easy to pick what pup to keep out of the litter. His first bird. As all his litter mates run around and played he found a baby bird and carried it around.
07031637.jpg

Sprig
06101609.jpg

Sprigs second hunt on his own. Couldn't get him to take his eyes of the ducks flying around long enough to get a picture of him looking.
100_0204.jpg

Sprig watching for ducks
100_0193.jpg

100_0174.jpg

Cobly
100_0019.jpg

100_0025.jpg

100_0158.jpg

And this my favorite and saddest picture for me. Colby's last hunt. Colby is the back one. Sprig is in front. Colby passed from cancer that coming summer. He is burried about 40-50 yards from where this picture was took.
100_0161.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bolskiVery nice. Sorry about your dog. Worse part of having em.. Beauties

Thanks man.It's hard having one of Colby's offspring around. Catch myself calling him by his dads name all the time. My buddies do it a bit too.

Duck season opened here yesterday,I didn't go out. My chessie had to be put down this year due to prostate cancer. I didn't even know dogs get prostate cancer. He was my duck retriever and my hunting buddy for 11 seasons and I sure miss him but seeing these pictures actually helped. They got me thinking that maybe I should get a pup so he'll be ready for next season.
Thanks for sharing they are all great looking dogs.
thumbup.gif

Sorry to hear about your loss. Hunting season just isnt the same without a good dog. seems like the best medicine is a feisty little pup to help you look forward to next year. Here is a pic of my GSP desi. Will be out this weekend after sage grouse so I will try and get a pic of my other GSP dexter. [img:left]
IMG_2804.jpg
[/img]

Last edited:
Loving the pictures! Tank is 3 this year. Done a great job on birds of any kind. My hubby was gone the first month we had Tank as a puppy and by the time he came home Tank was sleeping in his spot on the bed. Now he still comes in the house to sleep sometimes and he's still the best snuggler out of our three dogs. He's watching snow geese in the picture and wearing the first band he ever retrieved. He picks birds out of the sky before we see them. He's ready for waterfowl season too. We got up early the other morning for more bowhunting and he'd spent the night inside. Hubby went out to warm up the pickup and Tank realized the tailgate wasn't down so nosed open the door on the pickup that was cracked and jumped in. Can't blame the guy he loves his job
smile.gif

422382_3540353114638_147993647_n.jpg

And have to include this guy! He's my baby...getting older and prefers the fleece blanket in my lap but he's accounted for 2 rabbits, a dove from midair, and tried to take on a flock of turkeys. Slowed down in my car to look at the turkeys and he jumped out the open window and took off. Must be the Boxer in him!

229478_4768543658634_1822137846_n.jpg

Thanks dawg and JDF. I've had other dogs over the years and it's always a loss when they go but this time it's hitting me harder for some reason. Tank is one fine looking Lab shortcake. If I'm able to soften the wife up,she doesn't like dogs,I'll probably get another Lab.

3.5 Year old Deutsch Drahthaar.

The day I picked him up the breeder told me when you get a Drahthaar you'll learn all new curse words. Been 100% true in my experience!

SDHunt078.jpg

IMG_07872.jpg

IMG_0446.jpg

IMG_0440.jpg

IMG_0431.jpg

IMG_04052.jpg

IMG_0384.jpg

IMG_0375.jpg

IMG_0312.jpg

Gerentrain6-1-10.jpg

Back