Mid Range Binoculars

I have several in that range.You just missed a swinging deal at Basspro on some Leupolds.
Look hard at Minox and also I am using a pair made by Hawke lately with ED glass,,,pretty nice for the money

Originally Posted By: huntnpaI am looking for a nice set of 10x42 binoculars between $6-800. What kind are you guys using?

You can get pretty good binos for that money.

The Vortex Viper HD 10x42's are right at the bottom of the price range and have their lifetime VIP warranty.

We have a pair of Vortex Razor HD 10x42 DEMO pair of binos at "DEMO" price of $999.95. They're LNIB, but have had small bits of handling (no blems though). A bit of your price range, but a lot of bino for the $$$. They're $200 off normal pricing.

Thanks for the input guys, ive read several positive reviews about the viper HD and the meoptas. I have had my eye on Steiners but i have read mixed reviews on them. I guess i need to get to cabelas and test the other brands and compare them.

I am a Leupold guy but it appears they have moved manufacturing overseas and have cut the gold ring lineup. There highest priced binoculars are now ~$600

Originally Posted By: huntnpaThanks for the input guys, ive read several positive reviews about the viper HD and the meoptas. I have had my eye on Steiners but i have read mixed reviews on them. I guess i need to get to cabelas and test the other brands and compare them.

I am a Leupold guy but it appears they have moved manufacturing overseas and have cut the gold ring lineup. There highest priced binoculars are now ~$600

Leupold makes some great stuff, but their binoculars aren't tops on the list. Seriously, I'd be patient and keep your eyes open for a used high end bino. Believe me, deals are out there. The key is patience and having the money on hand to jump as soon as a deal becomes available.

The brand new Nikon Monarch 7s are SICK!! 10X42s are $499.I got to fondle a pair of the 8X42 and the are super quality glasses. If you can find a pair and see for yourself!

I have a set of non-HD Vipers that I like for the price. To me the entire Steiner line is nothing to write home about. I wanted to like them and spent a lot of time looking through them to try to convince myself and just couldn't get there from here. Going to keep my Vipers until I am ready to move up to Swarovski EL's.

Check the Meoptas. The cabelas euro binocs are on sale right now for 699. My understanding is that they are Meopta meostars that are rebranded for Cabelas. Can't go wrong there.

I have a pair of the Zeiss Conquests 10x42s and they are very nice glass. I'm not sure what the price is on them anymore, when I bought them I got them for +/- 600, but that was years ago. Last year I bought a pair of Swarovski Companion 8x binoculars, I absolutely love them, lightweight and very impressive glass. They were right around the 900 mark if I remember right. I bought them mainly for mountain hunting/archery hunting but they over took my Zeiss' for my go-to binos.

Back