Reloading .223/5.56

I gave a kid a wedgey in high school once, does that count?
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: ChupathingyYou need a " Double Fling Backed Wedge Hammer" to load 5.56 NATO, that's the only difference between the two. You did buy a "Double Fling Backed Wedge Hammer" didn't you?

Chupa

I sure did, got one when they first came out. Its a little worn but they dont make em like they used to.

Originally Posted By: ChupathingyYou need a " Double Fling Backed Wedge Hammer" to load 5.56 NATO, that's the only difference between the two. You did buy a "Double Fling Backed Wedge Hammer" didn't you?

Chupa

Must be a lot of guys loading that stuff. I couldn't find one, but I did see a modified saber toothed bi-directional impact device instead.

Originally Posted By: SmokelessOriginally Posted By: CatShooterOriginally Posted By: Smokeless

"If you want, I can site for you numerous internet webz pages that support a different point of view...."

.... that Ackman didn't make me laugh???

Ackman doesn't even like you. This is all a grand conspiracy, yes I said it, a conspiracy.

Don't be speaking for someone else. We've had a few go-rounds but Catshooter is no fool....something that can't be said about many of the people on shooting forums. He also knows his stuff.....that's especially something that can't be said about many on shooting forums.

Originally Posted By: AckmanOriginally Posted By: SmokelessOriginally Posted By: CatShooterOriginally Posted By: Smokeless

"If you want, I can site for you numerous internet webz pages that support a different point of view...."

Ackman doesn't even like you. This is all a grand conspiracy, yes I said it, a conspiracy.

Don't be speaking for someone else. We've had a few go-rounds but Catshooter is no fool....something that can't be said about many of the people on shooting forums. He also knows his stuff.....that's especially something that can't be said about many on shooting forums.

Not trying to speak for anybody. I do not, nor do most folks know about your rounds with CatShooter, that is a thick slice of pie.

I was having fun, and was making an attempt at humor, you fell in the mix. Nothing personal at all.

Just trying to lighten up the thread, as a lot of other guys are doing the same. Take a drink, it won't hurt you.

Originally Posted By: AckmanOriginally Posted By: SmokelessOriginally Posted By: CatShooterOriginally Posted By: Smokeless

And I had to pay Ackman 50¢ and two cheese burgers to say something nice about me
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: Smokeless

Not trying to speak for anybody. I do not, nor do most folks know about your rounds with CatShooter, that is a thick slice of pie.

I was having fun, and was making an attempt at humor, you fell in the mix. Nothing personal at all.

Ok.

Originally Posted By: CatShooter

And I had to pay Ackman 50¢ and two cheese burgers to say something nice about me
lol.gif

Never underestimate a good burger.

Originally Posted By: CatShooterOriginally Posted By: ARCOREYCatshooter, it's no wonder this keeps coming up. Brownells of all people posted a cartridge schematic on Facebook last week showing the difference between about 6 or 7 different 223/556 reamers making a big deal out of it. When big names like that keep stirring the poo kettle, it's going to keep coming downwind. I started to argue the point, but my fingers were too sore to scream on the internet
rolleyes.gif

Yup... but there are so many "versions" of the reamer that no one can keep rack - but that's the same as the 308 - there are dozens of reamers for it.

Problem is... these reamers are for special use, and vary by a few thou... they are not what some guy gets when he plunks down his money at the gun store - he gets plain ol' plain ol'...

and now for a breath of fresh air
lol.gif

We'll see if everybody is dead here
smile.gif

Well I sure aint dead, but I got knots on my head , The wife caught me alooken at them there sexy pictures
cursing.gif
lol.gif

We should make the "5.56 vs. 223" a sticky as often as it comes up.

As stated earlier, ammo makers, gunwriters, gunsmiths, Brownells, rifle mfg., loading manuals, NONE of them make it easy for the average Joe to understand. So much so it is ridiculous. You could make a fight for anything you wanted to say about these 2 cartridges, any point you were trying to make, and find some internet babble to "back it up", whether your statement was right or wrong. There is that much BS out there.

Half the [beeep] ARs out there that say "5.56 NATO" on the side are cut with .223 reamers........

Originally Posted By: 2muchgun
Half the [beeep] ARs out there that say "5.56 NATO" on the side are cut with .223 reamers........

And the other half that say .223 Rem, are cut with 5.56 Nato reamers.

I just started reloading and I tumbled my 5.56 brass with my .223s. My eyes are bad enough I can no longer read the head stamps. So I have a few questions. Where can I find a Double Fling Back Wedge Hammer? The guys at Brownells and Midway acted like they didn't know what I was talking about. Is said hammer safe to use on both .223 and 5.56? Finally do you have to use blinker fluid or will maidens oil work?

Back