Here's Why Liberals Pretend There Is No Voter Fraud

azmastablasta

Be prepared for the liberal spin that will suddenly appear in this thread. It may take a while as the liberal responders will need to first settle the arguments raging in their heads between all the little voices.

York: When 1,099 felons vote in race won by 312 ballots
August 6, 2012

In the eyes of the Obama administration, most Democratic lawmakers, and left-leaning editorial pages across the country, voter fraud is a problem that doesn't exist. Allegations of fraud, they say, are little more than pretexts conjured up by Republicans to justify voter ID laws designed to suppress Democratic turnout.

That argument becomes much harder to make after reading a discussion of the 2008 Minnesota Senate race in "Who's Counting?", a new book by conservative journalist John Fund and former Bush Justice Department official Hans von Spakovsky. Although the authors cover the whole range of voter fraud issues, their chapter on Minnesota is enough to convince any skeptic that there are times when voter fraud not only exists but can be critical to the outcome of a critical race.

In the '08 campaign, Republican Sen. Norm Coleman was running for re-election against Democrat Al Franken. It was impossibly close; on the morning after the election, after 2.9 million people had voted, Coleman led Franken by 725 votes.

Franken and his Democratic allies dispatched an army of lawyers to challenge the results. After the first canvass, Coleman's lead was down to 206 votes. That was followed by months of wrangling and litigation. In the end, Franken was declared the winner by 312 votes. He was sworn into office in July 2009, eight months after the election.

During the controversy a conservative group called Minnesota Majority began to look into claims of voter fraud. Comparing criminal records with voting rolls, the group identified 1,099 felons -- all ineligible to vote -- who had voted in the Franken-Coleman race.

Minnesota Majority took the information to prosecutors across the state, many of whom showed no interest in pursuing it. But Minnesota law requires authorities to investigate such leads. And so far, Fund and von Spakovsky report, 177 people have been convicted -- not just accused, but convicted -- of voting fraudulently in the Senate race. Another 66 are awaiting trial. "The numbers aren't greater," the authors say, "because the standard for convicting someone of voter fraud in Minnesota is that they must have been both ineligible, and 'knowingly' voted unlawfully." The accused can get off by claiming not to have known they did anything wrong.

Still, that's a total of 243 people either convicted of voter fraud or awaiting trial in an election that was decided by 312 votes. With 1,099 examples identified by Minnesota Majority, and with evidence suggesting that felons, when they do vote, strongly favor Democrats, it doesn't require a leap to suggest there might one day be proof that Al Franken was elected on the strength of voter fraud.

And that's just the question of voting by felons. Minnesota Majority also found all sorts of other irregularities that cast further doubt on the Senate results.

The election was particularly important because Franken's victory gave Senate Democrats a 60th vote in favor of President Obama's national health care proposal -- the deciding vote to overcome a Republican filibuster. If Coleman had kept his seat, there would have been no 60th vote, and no Obamacare.

Voter fraud matters when contests are close. When an election is decided by a huge margin, no one can plausibly claim fraud made the difference. But the Minnesota race was excruciatingly close. And then, in the Obamacare debate, Democrats could not afford to lose even a single vote. So if there were any case that demonstrates that voter fraud both exists and has real consequences, it is Minnesota 2008.

Yet Democrats across the country continue to downplay the importance of the issue. Last year, Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, chairman of the Democratic National Committee, denounced "the gauzy accusation that voter fraud is somehow a problem, when over and over again it has been proven that you're more likely to get hit by lightning than you are to [be] a victim of voter fraud."

Wasserman Shultz and her fellow Democrats are doing everything they can to stop reasonable anti-fraud measures, like removing ineligible voters from the rolls and voter ID. Through it all, they maintain they are simply defending our most fundamental right, the right to vote.

But voter fraud involves that right, too. "When voters are disenfranchised by the counting of improperly cast ballots or outright fraud, their civil rights are violated just as surely as if they were prevented from voting," write Fund and von Spakovsky. "The integrity of the ballot box is just as important to the credibility of elections as access to it."

http://washingtonexaminer.com/york-when-1099-felons-vote-in-race-won-by-312-ballots/article/2504163

Republicans are not going to rest until they suppress the votes of the poor. In a close race, if you discourage or disenfranchise a small percentage of the opposition then victory becomes certain. To pretend that voter fraud is deciding elections is asinine...this article falls far short of proving an election was actually determined by fraud.

Democrats claim that voter fraud doesn't exist is pure BS! It starts at the lowest levels in S. Tx. and Democrats are even pointing the finger at each other in a lowly JP primary election as reported in the following news release.

An earlier, more detailed story elaborated on the claims made by plaintiff that multiple vans were dispatched to adult day care establishments to pick up elderly voters who were allegedly encouraged to support one candidate by the "politiqueras" who organized such forays. Rumor has it that the going rate paid some of these "politiqueros" is $20 per vote and one ploy used to turn out the vote is giving the voter a free meal.

The defendant's spokesman was quoted as saying, "it is not illegal to give people rides to the polls or help them to vote. We just worked harder and took advantage of campaigning at locations where we had captive audiences."

Remember, folks, this is Democrat on Democrat voter irregularities in a lowly JP Democratic primary! How far ya recon they will go to "win" a national election?

Quote:Begum files election lawsuit against Garcia
August 03, 2012 10:12 AM
StoryBy EMMA PEREZ-TREVINO, The Brownsville Herald

Yolanda Teran Begum has filed an election contest in state district court against Erin Hernandez Garcia, alleging widespread fraud in the mail in and early voting in the runoff for the Democratic Party’s nomination to the Justice of the Peace Pct. 2 Place 2 race.

A difference of 152 votes separated the candidates. Garcia received 4,316 votes to Begum’s 4,164 votes.

A breakdown includes 319 mailed votes for Garcia versus 142 for Begum and 2,392 early votes for Garcia compared with 2,307 for Begum. Begum took the election day vote 1,715 to 1,605 for Garcia.

Michael Cowen filed the lawsuit on Begum’s behalf, and said that the decision to file it was not made lightly.

“We respect the will of the voters, and do not want to try to throw out legitimate votes on technicalities. But so many witnesses have come forward with evidence of illegal conduct that we have to question whether the mail-in vote and early vote numbers actually represent the will of the people,” Cowen said.

According to the lawsuit that was filed in the 357th District Court, “the Hernandez family, aided by their network of politiqueras, has stolen two consecutive Democratic primary runoff elections in Cameron County.”

Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: HunterBear71 To pretend that voter fraud is deciding elections is asinine...this article falls far short of proving an election was actually determined by fraud.

Ummm, HB, care to repeat that after reading above post? Be sure to read the part about both parties being Democrats.
grin.gif

Regards,
hm

I can't speak for the rest of the voting population, but I'm pretty sure Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, and Michael Jackson are all voting Obama this time around too
blink.gif

Originally Posted By: HunterBear71Republicans are not going to rest until they suppress the votes of the poor.

Which poor HB, the established, welfare-state poor or the "newly", failed economic policy poor?

last time I looked, poor people had to have photo ID's to get medicare, food stamps, set up an account for EBT, etc.

Originally Posted By: hm1996 Originally Posted By: HunterBear71 To pretend that voter fraud is deciding elections is asinine...this article falls far short of proving an election was actually determined by fraud.

Ummm, HB, care to repeat that after reading above post? Be sure to read the part about both parties being Democrats.
grin.gif

Regards,
hm

He doesn't have to read anything. The Koolade makes him all knowing. It's all Bush's fault.

I remember that ill fated recount in Mn. It was a crock. All the bad votes seemed to get took from coleman with all votes for frankster being legit. They counted the same counties over and over and coleman would have less everytime and beans-n-franks would have more. I kept thinking how stupid do they think we are.....we I guess we must of been with frank still there.

Last edited:
"Suppress the votes of the poor".That's the dumbest thing I have heard in a while.I have been Republican all my life,so was my Dad,so was my Grand Dad.So where is all this money us rich Republicans are supposed to have.I sure could use some of it now.

Originally Posted By: HunterBear71 To pretend that voter fraud is deciding elections is asinine...this article falls far short of proving an election was actually determined by fraud.

American Thinker

Keep coming back for the beatdowns there HB-I really enjoy it.

The fun part, 'disenfranchisement' goes both ways. Allowing those ineligible to vote post a 'valid' vote, actually steals eligible voters rights.

BS! will say some, and 'say it ain't so' says others.

Let's take a simple number of 1000 'bad' votes. That being votes being counted that should never have been placed.

Those 1000 votes regardless of which side they vote on completely negate 1000 valid voters opinions. -1 + 1 = 0. 1000 people have been completely deprived of their vote because all it did was wash out to 0. It doesn't matter of there were exactly 500 on either side, 1000 people had their vote stolen from them.

If those 1000 people decide that their vote doesn't matter (which it doesn't at that point) then what is the point in voting? They have just become the inactive.

Saying 'it doesn't matter' in either votes or millions of lost dollars is BS. While the govts may run on billions/trillions and millions of votes you can't say that 1 is completely unimportant. A man may live or die based on 1 drop of water, saying that each drop is unimportant isn't true.

Good analysis ND. Listen guys I have a plan. Since as Nd pointed out votes do cancel each other out, I volunteer to have my vote cancelled out by HB's vote if you all promise to vote early and vote often to offset the vote I lose by cancelling out HB. And since Mrs Az votes in lockstep with her brilliant and oh so logical husband, our household will still be covered somewhat,so I'll assume the roll of martyr.

BTW I hate to say I told you so, but I did:
Be prepared for the liberal spin that will suddenly appear in this thread. It may take a while as the liberal responders will need to first settle the arguments raging in their heads between all the little voices.

Obviously HB settled that argument between those little voices in his head, However the mentally defective voice obviously won out.

Back