In the market for a relatively cheap electronic coyote call

Whitetail Hunter

i'm new to coyote hunting, so i need a electronic call that is simple to use and will call in coyotes from long range. i was looking at the Primos predator speak easy call and the johnny stewart predator attractor with remote. they are both about $50.00 but how effective r they?, are they loud enough for long range? any other suggestions, i need all the help i can get.

i don't want to spend quite that much because i don't want to spend $200 and not even see a coyote, even though i see and hear them. any other ideas?

Last edited:
i dont know that i would go cheap on a e-caller....i would use hand calls till i got the coin for a fx series at least....isnt that primos randy anderson,just recordings of randy w/hand calls????

I have one of the $50 calls as a back up. It works, but I wouldn't use it as my primary call. I would suggest saving your money and getting a turbo dog or a foxpro. You will spend way more on gas going to blank stands than what a decent call will cost. OR you could buy a hand call.

Originally Posted By: SHamptonI kill 80-90 coyotes a year with a $200 Spit Fire.

i've have a few yrs like that, but that 80-90 was 60-70 combined,w/my partner an I...also that was like every weekend in the winter and at least 2 weekends a month in the summer....we only have 2 seasons in az...you must have lots of multiple respond and not f&*k up/miss for that to happen hampton...anyways goes to show it dosent always depend on the call... i still would save for the fx though....

I am not sure of your definition for "long range".

However, I keep the Johnny Stewart that you mentioned as a back up to my Fox Pro and have watched coyotes come in on a calm day from 400-500 yards out.

How you set up the stand is far more important than most other variables.

My recomondation would be to start out with a budget electronic call and progress forward as you learn the ropes.

Best of Luck......

Originally Posted By: Whitetail Hunteri'm new to coyote hunting, so i need a electronic call that is simple to use and will call in coyotes from long range. i was looking at the Primos predator speak easy call and the johnny stewart predator attractor with remote. they are both about $50.00 but how effective r they?, are they loud enough for long range? any other suggestions, i need all the help i can get. save your money for gas, e callers are over rated, pm me I will send you a free close reed call to help get you started, just blow on it they will come, get a few kills in before you spend money on camo and e callers.

I wouldn't pay over $200 for a caller. The higher priced models are very nice but I dont think they would raise the number of coyotes I call in.

You can get the Johnny Stewart attractor from All Predator Calls for $32.95 or for $69 you can get the Johnny Stewart PM-3 which will come with 3 sound cards for a total of 12 sounds verses 5 with the attractor. Both are good callers and will get the job done. I have watched several coyotes come into the call from 500 yards out while using the little attractor. I even got to watch a bobcat trott 450 yards across a cut bean field with no cover to see what was making all the racket. The PM-3 is a good bit louder than the attractor and also gives you the ability to be able to adjust the volume once the caller is set out in front of you. This can not be done with the attractor. Good luck

Watch the classifieds for a good used foxpro. If you don't like it or stick with it, you can resell it in the classifieds without losing much $$. You might break even if you find one cheap.

I am on my third E-caller in the last 12 years, and I will tell you that you get what you pay for. Yes I have also learned alot of things in the past 12 years about yote hunting. My first E-caller was a Johnny Stewert 512 cassete model, this thing worked OK if it was not real cold (We live in Minnesota) but it was heavy to carry. My second caller was a Johnny Stewert PM-3 this worked better, but I had to have 50 feet of cord for the speaker. Two years ago I toke the plunge and went with a FOXPRO and I hit the jackpot, I went with the CS-24 and will recommend a FOXPRO to anyone. There are FOXPRO's that are more basic and less money for someone on more of a budget. Get what you can afford for now and upgrade later when you get more into this great sport. Good Luck,----Riflemann

I have a cheap caller I will give you. It sounds electronic and has never called in anything. Not sure it is even worth the plastic it is made from. Listen to what you are being told. Don't by a cheap ecaller. You get what you pay for.

Back