Tactical Night Vision

Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine

Topic Options
#22621 - 09/24/03 12:58 PM Coyote hunting east of apple valley.
Greybeard Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Los Angeles, Ca,
Does any one know if the area east of apple valley is open to hunting? I hear it might be B.L.M. land. My brother that lives in the area tells me that the area is loaded with coyotes and other small game.
Any and all help would be apreciated.

Happy Hunting ... Emilio ... Pico Rivera, Ca.

#22622 - 09/24/03 04:13 PM Re: Coyote hunting east of apple valley.
NASA Offline
PM is my life

Loc: 40.02N/105.25W
Naww, I wouldn't even waste my time out there. Just ask Danny B. or Dogboy or a few others who live in that area. It's a desert out there man.
Why do you think Danny always goes to Nevada to hunt? I heard Dogboy gave up hunting and is into pottery making now. Nope, no varmints there.

#22623 - 09/25/03 01:04 AM Re: Coyote hunting east of apple valley.
Grandpa Fudge Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Arkansas
oh !! i can't wait for danny-b on this!!!!!!!! lol gp fudge

#22624 - 09/25/03 02:28 PM Re: Coyote hunting east of apple valley.
Dogboy Offline
PM is my life

Loc: Oak Hills, Ca
NASA LMAO!!!!!!!!Not making pottery yet. :eek:

Graybeard all you have to do is get outside the city limits of any of these towns, get into the washes and look for sign and start calling. The flat country is good to as long as there is decent cover.

There's critters all right, just like anywhere else. Everyone here including Danny B, has their secret spots, honey holes etc.

But what is a great spot today may be quiet tomarrow. Our spots do not produce critters everyday. They move around too much.

My best advise is to get out and scout around, my opinion is yotes and cats are within a mile or so of ranches as there is water and food (fee fee) usually. I work within a 1/2 mile of places, sneek in sneek out, one shot one kill type tactics. It works for me, just stay out of the city limits so the cops leave you alone.

Bring 2 guns, long gun, shotgun, brush can be real thick up here. But if anyone knows Danny B. sure will, since he's much older than me and he's forgot more about this sport than I'll ever know.

The area east of Apple Valley is Lucerne Valley. I've went out there once as I passed by a potenially good spot, called in 2 dogs on 3 stands. Good luck..

#22625 - 09/25/03 05:02 PM Re: Coyote hunting east of apple valley.
Anonymous
Unregistered

GreyBeard, I know where a guy can get all the coyotes, bobcats and gray fox he wants, but it's not in Apple Valley, Lucerne Valley or anywhere close.

You should try Arizona, I hear they have more predators then they can handle. I also heard of a place in Nevada that's a real hot spot, it's called Groom Lake just south of a little town called Rachel Nevada.

GreyBeard, I'm just kidding ya, DON'T GO TO GROOM LAKE. Yes, Apple Valley, Lucerne Valley and areas east of that hold good numbers of predators. The trick is you better know the rules before you go hunting.

To discharge a rifle around those areas can cause you alot of problems if you don't know the rules. Most areas out here are closed to rifles unless you are in the National Forest or east of Barstow, even then you must be careful.

If you plan on hunting at night ( the very best time for cats )the rules get even worse to understand. You can use a hand held light 9 volts or less almost anywhere, but if you want to use a larger light from your truck, ( legal in some areas ) you better read the rules real good, Good luck to ya buddy.

#22626 - 09/25/03 05:07 PM Re: Coyote hunting east of apple valley.
NASA Offline
PM is my life

Well, heck Ken. Here I was laying down some cover for you guys and you blew the stand
Now watch Danny come in and start selling maps to the last of the honey holes, LOL!
(edit): Danny, you slipped in faster than I could post. Still pretty quick for one of the "ol' phartz" aint'cha

Greybeard, the truth is that California is loaded with predators. Everywhere. The trick is to find a place where it's legal to SHOOT them. Land closure is escalating every year. The left-wing A/R politicos have infiltrated the DFG and are pushing/supporting these closures. Even Federal (BLM) land is not safe. Just look at the access restrictions imposed North of I10. And these closures don't just apply to hunters. Even parts of the Pacific Ocean is being closed down to fishing in near-shore areas.
Like Danny say's, they're out there. Just watch your a$$ when you go after them.

#22627 - 09/29/03 03:48 AM Re: Coyote hunting east of apple valley.
Greybeard Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Los Angeles, Ca,
Nasa, Where can I get a copy of those rules And regs. that were "imposed north of the I10" That You talked about, and also a map? and to those of you that want to keep your "honney holes" to your self, I don't blame you, I would too. I also want to thank all of you that responded, all that input, well meaning or not is apreciated.

Happy Hunting ... Emilio ...Pico Rivera Ca.

#22628 - 09/30/03 04:03 PM Re: Coyote hunting east of apple valley.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Greybeard, the Fish and Game has it's rules ( the ones I go by ) the BLM has it's rules the Forest Service has it's rules and so on. It's not easy being a predator hunter in California when you don't know who's rules to go by. That's why most native Californians are leaving the state or trying to.

Greybeard, believe me when I say there are no more honey holes left in southern California, the ones I used to hunt you can't hunt no more. I'd be more then happy to give you some spots to hunt, but you'd better double check to make sure it has not been closed. email me onecoyote@uia.net

#22629 - 09/30/03 05:18 PM Re: Coyote hunting east of apple valley.
NASA Offline
PM is my life

OK Greybeard, all you need to do is a Yahoo search on "CA BLM offroad closures". You will find out that everyone is affected, not just hunters. Strangely enough, only one group is being vocal in their protests... bikers http://www.district37ama.org/new.html The BLM areas I referred to are closed to ANY motorized vehicle. That started about 2 years ago, and is spreading like a cancer throughout the State. Read my post again, I wasn't being sarcastic.

You would do yourself a favor if you'd get in touch with one of the local chapters of the Ca Varmint Callers Assoc. There's one in Orange County, one in Riverside, and another called the High Desert Predator Callers right in the Apple Valley area. I don't have the links anymore but Danny might.

Moderator:  Redfrog 

Forum Stats
48214 Members
83 Forums
287467 Topics
2717701 Posts

Max Online: 3771 @ 02/03/14 09:55 PM
Today's Birthdays
CoHuntAddict, gtmgooser, jaredj, oldpup223, silencerS8, stinkbait, Stoney, t/c223encore

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.