Night hunting laws in Utah??

Trapper Luke

Me and a buddy have been thinking bout getting into night hunting for predators in Utah. Only problem is I'm not really sure what the laws are or if its even legal period. I know you cant use an artifical light so would using a night vision scope be legal?

Thanks,
Luke

Trapper,

Did some research in 2011 for all 50 states and results are posted on my website. When possible, I also confirmed my results with each state's DNR. I could get no response from Utah DNR so no confirmation of the results. Here is what I have posted based upon my research only:

Utah

Night Hunting: Allowed, in specified Counties only. Night hunting is not restricted by State regulations. Instead, contact the local city or County officials to determine the legality of taking predators at night.
Night Vision: Allowed, not restricted by State regulations. Contact local city or County officials to determine the legality of taking predators at night using night vision.
Phone: 801-538-4700

Last time I researched it the light just couldn't be ran from a vehicle. I go all the time with my foxpro and a powerful flashlight. Redfox are very easy to call at night down around Nephi.

Originally Posted By: birdbowLast time I researched it the light just couldn't be ran from a vehicle. I go all the time with my foxpro and a powerful flashlight. Redfox are very easy to call at night down around Nephi.

You may want to check again. Unless the county has a law allowing it, it is illegal.

Back