Charles Daly Defense AR Eval and Value ?

TXCOONDOG

A friend asked me to evaluate an AR 15 that he got in on trade and since I never owned or handled this brand, I thought I would ask what the street value (price tag) is of the upper/lower w/ clips (only).

Down Below are the specs:

Charles Daly Defense flattop upper with 20” Fluted barrel, 1:8 twist in .223/5.56 (200 rounds down the tube) and has a freefloat handgaurd.

Charles Daly Defense Lower w/ Ergo palm rest grip

Three (3) 30 round Center Industries Corp Clips

It has minor scratches, but is in great shape.

Also I’m going to take it to the range for a function and accuracy testing and wondered what kind of accuracy I should expect at 100 yds (common)?

gunstuff-007a.jpg

gunstuff-008a.jpg

Thanks in advance for the help

Was wondering if you took it to the range and how it did. I have never heard anything bad about Charles Daily Defense. Let us know how she shoots

Last edited:
I have only owned one Charles Daly firearm, a 20 guage pump shotgun. It was junk, and I sold it to the first buyer that came along. Having said that, Charles Daly used to contract with different manufacturers to build their guns, and most of their stuff was from some well known names in the firearms business. I bet that the AR is probably pretty well made for the price.

I have a charles daily lower on mine great gun .From what ive read the lower was machined on the same machine as bushmaster from lar.

Had my friend meet me at the range and using his lower with an 8lb pull, the groups were 2” at 50yds.
I used my lower with a RRA 2 stage trigger and the groups were 1.5” @ 50 yds.

Even mounted my rings and scope with no additional improvement!

Disappointing, especially since all my AR centerfires shoot MOA with any factory ammo and .50” with 55gr V-Max @ 100yds.

However, The gun funictioned great with no other issues.

Anyway, my friend took the gun home (200 miles a part) which is to bad because I would have tried squaring the upper receiver & barrel, torque the barrel nut to mil spec, tried different ammo and went from there.

Also learned that CD is no longer in business and JVP manufactured their receivers.

My friend said that CD produced some nice shotguns, but this was his first AR.

I supplied him with lots of reading material
smile.gif

with out the scope it is worth 700 - 850 used...in these parts at least...looks like its pretty much a bushmaster predator...alot of the same hardware...bipod is on backwards though and those 30 rd mags might get in the way of the bench or the ground if you are shooting prone. I would guess better accuracy than that though. 8 lb trigger pull isn't helping either.

Back