Tactical Night Vision

Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Topic Options
#2260383 - 07/31/12 11:17 PM Getting busted by Foxes while Bobcat hunting....
weever82 Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: San Tan Valley, AZ
Bobcat season goes into full swing tomorrow and I am anticipating it very much so.

Last year I would do lots of calling into areas that are full of foxes and bobcats. The scat would literally be everywhere from both breeds.

My question is this.... everytime I would be dedicating a day to bobcats, foxes would always run into the calls and bust the stand. 90% of the time I would shoot them but wasn't really gunning for them..

If I have a fox run into a bobcat calling sequence and don't shoot at them... let them run off... am I busted or will bobcats still come in?

I swear foxes smell me a mile away. Those [beeep] things followed me all the way to TN one year hunting coyotes. I can't get away from them. lol.

Anyways, let me know what you think! Thanks guys.

Weev-

Edited by weever82 (07/31/12 11:41 PM)

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."

-John Wayne

#2260385 - 07/31/12 11:20 PM Re: Getting busted by Foxes while Bobcat hunting.... [Re: weever82]
adi Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: nw phx arizona
i heard when ppl are calling for mountain lion are letting everything go ,so i dnt think the foxes cand bust u out , and bobcats are not the smartests ones out there, they have a gooood sight not a great smell

by "WE THE PEOPLE" NOT BY "US THE ELECTED ONES"

#2260404 - 07/31/12 11:33 PM Re: Getting busted by Foxes while Bobcat hunting.... [Re: weever82]
doggin coyotes Offline
PM Junkie

Loc: Colorado

Originally Posted By: weever82
I guess that I am the only one that uses it or will at least admit it. We always used scent blockers when deer hunting and brought it over with me coyote hunting. I just spray a lil on my shoes and my clothes when I go to my first stand. Its cheap and makes me feel better. lol.
Weev-

Oh noooooo.....Say it ain't so.

Originally Posted By: weever82

I swear foxes smell me a mile away. Those [beeep] things followed me all the way to TN one year hunting coyotes. I can't get away from them. lol.
Weev-

lol

#2260410 - 07/31/12 11:39 PM Re: Getting busted by Foxes while Bobcat hunting.... [Re: weever82]
weever82 Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: San Tan Valley, AZ
They do! It's like I got a fox scent in my scent bottle. haha.

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."

-John Wayne

#2260412 - 07/31/12 11:42 PM Re: Getting busted by Foxes while Bobcat hunting.... [Re: weever82]
jglynn Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Southeast Oklahoma
i would say if you arent shooting and they just get iffy and leave, you could call longer and a cat would show. im not much of a cat hunter, being that we just dont have that many, but all the ones i have killed have showed up within 5 minutes of calling. ive read where it usually takes them longer than most other predators. so that tells you how much i know.lol

#2260425 - 07/31/12 11:57 PM Re: Getting busted by Foxes while Bobcat hunting.... [Re: weever82]
Arizona Bushman Offline
PM Sponsor

Loc: Phoenix, Arizona
We called in over a dozen bobcats last season and ALL of them showed within the first ten minutes. The three that I killed were all under 90 seconds from starting the call. The first bobcat that I ever killed made so much noise coming in that I thought it was a cow! Haha!

Anyways Weever, don't shoot the foxes......save em' for me.

#2260439 - 08/01/12 12:24 AM Re: Getting busted by Foxes while Bobcat hunting.... [Re: weever82]
Kizmo Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Georgia
Don't worry about shooting foxes or yotes if you're bobcat hunting. I've shot AT bobcats and missed them many times, only to have them sit there for a second shot. Granted, I hunt mostly at night, but bobcats aren't the "sharpest pencils in the cup". Actually, rather than being stupid, I think bobcats are just plain fearless.

"There are real problems, and there are imaginary problems."
Judge Belvin Perry

#2260442 - 08/01/12 12:32 AM Re: Getting busted by Foxes while Bobcat hunting.... [Re: weever82]
TonyTebbe Offline
Retired PM Staff.

Loc: Lovington, NM
There has been lots of times that we'd have 6-7 grey fox around us, while we are focusing on calling a cat. The fox barking didn't seem to phase cat response. If you are in good cat and fox country, that's what you have to put up with, if you are holding out for a cat.

Tony

Tony Tebbe

Moderator:  Infidel 762, Redfrog 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.