night vision scopes

Hi David,

In regards to the shutter eye guards, many folks including myself use an X-Acto knife and remove those teeth. This is usually a big help.

Removing the rubber eye guard is more of a safety issue at night because there may be an instance you're too close to the end of the scope due to darkness without even knowing it. It's not friendly as some know getting a raccoon eye. :-(

Originally Posted By: Victor_TNVCHi David,

In regards to the shutter eye guards, many folks including myself use an X-Acto knife and remove those teeth. This is usually a big help.

Removing the rubber eye guard is more of a safety issue at night because there may be an instance you're too close to the end of the scope due to darkness without even knowing it. It's not friendly as some know getting a raccoon eye. :-(

Or in my case, broken glasses. LOL. I would look funny with glasses hanging half way off my face.

Good to know the shutter eye guard can be trimmed.

I hear good things about the M845, that it's very clear and bright and close to Gen 3. I'll be waiting to see if you come up with one in a 4X.

Originally Posted By: 6mm06Originally Posted By: Victor_TNVCHi David,

Or in my case, broken glasses. LOL. I would look funny with glasses hanging half way off my face.

Good to know the shutter eye guard can be trimmed.

I hear good things about the M845, that it's very clear and bright and close to Gen 3. I'll be waiting to see if you come up with one in a 4X.

Or (seriously) the glass from your glasses hitting your eye! :-( Definitely a safety issue to think about.

Copy on the M845. :)

Vic

Victor,

One question I have pertains to how well the M845 might see with an illuminator of about 940nm. I assume 850nm would work well, but what about 940? Any thoughts on that?

Originally Posted By: 6mm06Victor,

One question I have pertains to how well the M845 might see with an illuminator of about 940nm. I assume 850nm would work well, but what about 940? Any thoughts on that?

Any Gen 2 system will BARELY see at 940nm. Only Gen 3's and at limited distances that high up on the IR spectrum.

850nm and below will work well. :)

Vic

Back