Cali huntin

Blue84S10

OK guys I just finished my AR15 (yea yea its the Cali legal one) and I want to start hunting squirrels and other small stuff like that, maybe the occasional coyote. I live in the SF Bay Area and people out here are so anti gun it jus drives me nuts. Where can I hunt? Do I need a hunting license for small stuff like that? My grandma has a cabin out near Angels camp and as long as its no more than a few hours away I'd still consider it. Anybody feel like takin a rookie out?

Hi Blue, Would you consider Fort Hunter Ligget? I have done some squirrel shooting there. They also have a good pig population. You will have to but a hunting pass ($70/YEAR OR $25/WEEKEND). If this sounds any good, let me know and I'll get some info to you.

Snipe

Hey guys, I hunt down here in San diego and do ok. You do need to have a hunting license though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

You even have to attend a hunters safety class, even though i've benn hunting (idaho) since I was 11 yrs old.

If we could have gotten rid of Davis we may have done better with all these bleeding heart bunny huggers here in Cali! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Don't let that discourage you though! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif There are still areas out there.

Fox season opens this next sunday so get out there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Moose

Yea I'll hunt anywhere as long as its not more than 3 or 4 hours worth of driving. So what all is involved with a getting a hunting license then? I take some class?

Hey Moose, I'm jealous!!! Iv'e been trying to get a coyote in the San Diego area for quite a while with no success. I live in the Bay Park area and have been to just about every place legal to hunt within a hour's drive. You hold'n out on a honey hole?

Share! Share!

Alright guys, I got my huntin license today! Now what do I do? How do I find out what and where I can shoot? I live in the SF Bay Area and wouldn't mind taking a trip, preferably out towards Angels Camp or Sonora but anywhere within a 2 or 3 hour drive would be fine. Squirrels, Coyotes, rabbits, anything with 4 legs and fur thats willing to give me a hunt is fine!

Dak- your not too far from me. I work in San Luis Obispo and live north of it. Can you hunt on the base? Maybe we can hook up some time and do some killing. I'm looking to get back out to hunterligget. Let me know if your interested.

Snipe

187 Coyote: I'm looking into doing some varmint population control in the near future. I live in Camarillo, but I'm originally from SLO Co., and still visit fairly often. I'd visit more if I had a good place to take out some squirrels & such. Hunter Ligget sounds cool. Send more info if you get a chance (post or e-mail).

187Coyote: Thanks for the link, I'll mail it in this week. Let's definitely plan something for late Feb., or Mar.. I'm looking forward to shooting more than paper...it's been quite a while since I've actually hunted anything.

Back