Gay rights kiss in at Chick-fil-a

tnyotehunter

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/07/25/gay-rights-group-petitions-against-chick-fil-a-plans-kiss-in/

CHICAGO (CBS) — The gay rights group Equality Illinois is launching a campaign against Chick-Fil-A – petitioning universities and lawmakers to evict the fast food restaurant from their campuses and planning a “kiss-in” campaign by gay and lesbian couples outside Chick-Fil-A restaurants.

The campaign by the group comes just after Ald. Proco “Joe” Moreno (1st) announced plans to block efforts by Chick-Fil-A to open a second Chicago restaurant, because the company’s president vocally opposes same-sex marriage.

The campaign by Equality Illinois, dubbed “Flick-the-Hate,” urges people to sign a petition geared toward universities and malls that host Chick-Fil-A restaurants.

“As we challenge the company’s anti-LGBT policies, we must also ask these universities and mall owners why they want to do business with a company that holds up hate as a family value,” Equality Illinois says.

Equality Illinois is also urging Chicagoans who support gay rights to participate in an “Eat for Love Day” on Wednesday, Aug. 1. The organization is urging people to eat at a local restaurant that supports LGBT rights and “is unafraid to show its support for equality for everyone.”

The group is asking participants to post where they are planning on eating and sent pictures. Two Boystown restaurants – the Chicago Diner at 3411 N. Halsted St., and the Hearty Boys restaurant at 3819 N. Broadway – are among those participating.

And on Friday, Aug. 3, Equality Illinois is urging gay and lesbian couples to go to their local Chick-Fil-A restaurants for a “kiss-in” campaign, which the group is promoting along with other gay rights organizations nationwide.

At the “kiss-in,” Equality Illinois says, “LGBT supporters will show their disdain for Chick-Fil-A’s policies with public displays of affection in front of their restaurants.”

Chick-Fil-A has drawn a flurry of controversy ever since an article profiling the company ran last week on the Christian news site Baptist Press.

The article notes that some have opposed Chick-Fil-A’s “support for the traditional family,” and goes on to quote Cathy as saying, “Guilty as charged.”

Cathy is quoted further in the July 16 Baptist Press article: “We are very much supportive of the family — the biblical definition of the family unit. We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that.”Cathy further expressed his opposition to same-sex marriage in an interview last month on the radio program “The Ken Coleman Show.”

“I think we are inviting God’s judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at Him and say ‘we know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage,’ and I pray God’s mercy on our generation that has such a prideful, arrogant attitude to think that we have the audacity to define what marriage is about, Cathy said on the radio program.

Chick-Fil-A currently operates only one location within the Chicago city limits, at at 30 E. Chicago Ave. on the Loyola Water Tower campus. The restaurant also operates Chicago area locations at the Fox Valley center in Aurora, Orland Park, Schaumburg and Wheaton, as well as several locations downstate.

Chick-Fil-A has already obtained zoning for a second planned Chicago in the 2500 block of North Elston Avenue, in Moreno’s ward. But Chick-Fil-A needs City Council approval to divide the land so it can buy out a lot near a Home Depot nearby, and Moreno says he will not be blocking the company.

Before a City Council meeting Wednesday, Moreno said he has tried to work with the company for months, but Chick-fil-A won’t put its stated anti-discrimination policy into writing.

Cathy’s comments also have drawn the high-profile ire of some elected officials and other companies. Boston Mayor Thomas Menino has also vowed to block Chick-Fil-A from entering his city at all.

“You called supporters of gay marriage ‘prideful.’ Here in Boston, to borrow your own words, we are ‘guilty as charged,’” Menino said in a letter to Cathy, “We are indeed full of pride for our support of same sex marriage and our work to expand freedom to all people.”

Also, earlier this week, the Jim Henson Co., the maker of the Muppets, backed out of a deal to make children’s toys for Chick-Fil-A.

“The Jim Henson Company has celebrated and embraced diversity

The Jim Henson Company has celebrated and embraced diversity and inclusiveness for over 50 years and we have notified Chick-fil-A that we do not wish to partner with them on any future endeavors,” the company said in part in a statement published to Facebook

Isn't it interesting that if we don't like a business or entity, we ignore it and if the left doesn't like something they try to take it down or regulate it out of existence?

And they're the ones screaming at us about tolerance?

This country is starting to feel like the 1850s all over again.

I think it's time we beat them back in the closet and locked the door! As we all know, they used to be afraid to openly express their homosexuality for fear of having their @ss kicked! NOW... everyone has been dumbed down and told we're simply supposed to accept them.

Well... That's BS! I don't have to accept them, I don't have to tolerate them, I don't have to put up with them.

You guys all go show your support for Chick-Fil-A and Dan Cathy... http://66.210.221.105/index.html and let's let the gay community know they are still the minority! I'm pretty sure if the parking lot is full of rednecks at every Chick-Fil-A they might think twice about having their kiss-in their.

It used to be a death sentence for a business if the owner was found out to be homosexual.
It's still somewhat that way in my little corner of the world. But times they are a changing.
We can only hope that all this publicity chick-fil-a is getting will increase their sales a hundred fold. Wouldn't that be a kick in the teeth of the activist pole smokers who think their approach will hurt

This shows a real difference between Conservatives and liberals.Which line of thinking is really tolerant of others rights and free speech.This should be a glaring example to those who are still forming their belief system.Who defends your right to free thought and speech.

Don't know about you guys but within the last few days I have noticed a real increase in the length of lines at my local Chik-Fil-A. It's a few blocks from my house and I drive by that corner frequently. Regardless of the time of day there is always a line with several cars. Didn't use to be that busy. I think America, well Phoenix at least, has had enough of the homos bs. Back in the closet you obamanations.

It seems in the last few days I have seen and heard some encouraging things.I had lost a lot of hope but I am sort of refreshed.I might have a little fight left in me after all.I hope a few million others feel the same.

Well let's take it to the next level boys. I put together the following e-mail and sent to everyone I know that has a Chick-Fil-A anywhere near them, or that might know someone that has a Chick-Fil-A store anywhere near them!

Since the media will no doubt show up to film all the disfunctional morons kissing in the front yard, wouldn't it be nice if they instead found the place packed, cars lined up for blocks, and not a queer to be found?!!

Y'all all copy this, and send it to everyone you know who might feel the same way we do!! Let's show them who has support in this country!!!

Quote:I’m sure you’ve all heard about Chick-Fil-A Owner and CEO Dan Cathy’s stated position on the Gay marriage thing by now. And, I for one am damm proud of him for having the balls to take the stand he did, and tell the world that same sex marriage simply ain’t right. Well now it seems the city of Boston is going to deny him a permit to build a new store there, because they feel he should be accepting of all the perverts and deviates in the world. He is not entitled to his position on this matter, he is going to be forced into submission by the establishment, (or so they think!).

Chicago is likewise suggesting that they are going to deny his permits for a new Stand alone store ground breaking there. However, there are existing Chick-Fil-A stores in Chicago, they just don’t stand alone. They’re in the malls, at the colleges, that sort of thing. And, the City of Chicago, and the Gay Community there are suggesting those stores be boycotted to show support for all the Queers and Lesbians in the world. The Gay Community is also organizing a kiss-in at Chick-Fil-A stores across America on August 1st. Which that’s all we need in this world is a bunch feminine men, and manly dykes kissing all over their partners to have to watch on the news.

There are however those like myself that feel Dan Cathy and Chick-Fil-A deserve a pat on the back for standing up for family values, and they would love to see all of us at Chick-Fil-A for lunch and/or supper on August 1. I personally feel, that if the parking lot is packed with rednecks, the perverts might decide it ain’t a good plan to hold a kiss-in out in the front yard at Chick-Fil-A. And, I would love to be there to throw cold water on the first two of them that locked lips, and I’m sure all of you know someone that would love to be there too! Therefore, I’m going to ask all of you to go to this link - http://66.210.221.105/index.html - and send a letter of support to the good folks at Chick-Fil-A. While you’re there look up the nearest Chick-Fil-A location, then on August 1 find the biggest meanest redneck you can find and take him to lunch at Chick-Fil-A. If a couple of perverts proceed to lock lips in the front yard, tell your pet redneck that one of them insulted his mother, and sit back and enjoy the show!

Please be sure to pass this on to all of your e-mail buddies who might have a Chick-Fil-A nearby!! We need more folks like Dan Cathy in the world, we need a damm site fewer folks like those holding office that are threatening him, and we certainly don’t need a bunch of queers swappin slobber all over the news.

Thank you all!!

Originally Posted By: azmastablastaDon't know about you guys but within the last few days I have noticed a real increase in the length of lines at my local Chik-Fil-A. It's a few blocks from my house and I drive by that corner frequently. Regardless of the time of day there is always a line with several cars. Didn't use to be that busy. I think America, well Phoenix at least, has had enough of the homos bs. Back in the closet you obamanations.

AZ that is good to hear!! I hope Chick-Fil-A stocks shoot through the roof over this deal. It would be good to see some positive come of this, when the media and the establishment is trying to make it seem so negative. Wish the [beeep] I had a Chick-Fil-A nearby, I'd go eat there just because! Unfortunately the closest one to me up here in ND is 9 - 10 hours away! Minneapolis, MN -Sioux City, IA - or Cheyenne, WY. And, that's a long haul for a chicken sandwich!
blink.gif

This weekend we are not cooking Sunday dinner at home. We are going to Chick Fil A Saturday night and getting about 30 sandwiches, and serve them to our family after Church on Sunday. This will be about a hundred bucks I reckon.

It sure would be great if some other fine folk made a dinner at Chick Fil A part of this weekend. And you dont have to spend a hundred bucks there. Any will do and tell the register folk how they earned your business.

Last edited:
Ate there saturday, place was JAMMED! I waited in line for 20 minutes and loved it. Not one complaint by me or my wife, I wouldve waited an hour if I wouldve had to.

Back