This will start some crap.....

Originally Posted By: ARCOREYOriginally Posted By: KollincoyoteI'm not saying I voted for him, or like the guy, I just don't see him taking gun rights away. That's all. Thanks

And that will be the approach. You won't see them take away the guns. You'll see ridiculous and bogus Hazmat fees for flying and transporting primers and powder right next to non-hazmat materials. You'll see shortages in ammo and gun/ammo companies that can't afford to stay in business due to high costs from new "special" regulation. They'll be bombarded with frivilous law suits eating away at their resources. You'll see limited range opportunities, noise ordinances, disclosure of mental health condition by your family doctor to "the man", restriction of bullets due to "environmental concern". Your gun will be the last part of the puzzle left. While you are watching it waiting for somebody to take it, they have turned it into a paperweight before your eyes getting rid of everything that it takes to operate it or any instance where you can use it. All newer guns will be made safer for your benefit making them nearly inoperable and they will regulate who has them for your so called safety.

The guy in Aurora could have done 10x the damage with a gas can, lighter, 3' chain and a padlock. All available without record or age limit or proof of ID at any hardware store. Evil will always find a way to lash out. Guns didn't kill those people, his mother knowing he was disturbed and not getting him help got them killed. The society that encourages rage and wild behavior without consequence killed those people. The lack of discipline in todays youth got them killed and sadly, will kill many more.

Well said skinney. There is no discipline or respect with todays youth.

Dave

Originally Posted By: ARCOREYOriginally Posted By: KollincoyoteI'm not saying I voted for him, or like the guy, I just don't see him taking gun rights away. That's all. Thanks

And that will be the approach. You won't see them take away the guns. You'll see ridiculous and bogus Hazmat fees for flying and transporting primers and powder right next to non-hazmat materials. You'll see shortages in ammo and gun/ammo companies that can't afford to stay in business due to high costs from new "special" regulation. They'll be bombarded with frivilous law suits eating away at their resources. You'll see limited range opportunities, noise ordinances, disclosure of mental health condition by your family doctor to "the man", restriction of bullets due to "environmental concern". Your gun will be the last part of the puzzle left. While you are watching it waiting for somebody to take it, they have turned it into a paperweight before your eyes getting rid of everything that it takes to operate it or any instance where you can use it. All newer guns will be made safer for your benefit making them nearly inoperable and they will regulate who has them for your so called safety.

The guy in Aurora could have done 10x the damage with a gas can, lighter, 3' chain and a padlock. All available without record or age limit or proof of ID at any hardware store. Evil will always find a way to lash out. Guns didn't kill those people, his mother knowing he was disturbed and not getting him help got them killed. The society that encourages rage and wild behavior without consequence killed those people. The lack of discipline in todays youth got them killed and sadly, will kill many more.

^^^
Hit the nail on the head here!!!

I can't find it real fast, but someones signature line on here says something to the affect of "My AR never made me shoot anyone."

That is how I feel about it. In the hands of a responsible person, an AR, AK, Uzi, MP5, or any other gun that people are trying to ban are no more dangerous than a typical bolt action hunting rifle. It is the irresponsible people that cause the problems. Guns don't kill people, people kill people.

JAG

P.S.
carskill.jpg

Originally Posted By: Justaguy987P.S.
carskill.jpg

Same thing I tell everyone that even uses the word "Assault Rifle" or asks me why I need 30rd mags!

Maybe all us gun guys need to protest cars???
lol.gif
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: 1up5downThere is no discipline or respect with SOME OF todays youth.

I'd have to disagree with your original quote.

Originally Posted By: Mr. OutdoorsI couldn't agree more Skinney. If you believe in something, you don't budge. If we give an inch they will take a mile and then some. I didnt do anything wrong, dont punish me!!

Keep in mind that when both sides to an argument take this position, things can get rather ugly, pretty quick.

I guess it just boils down to who wants to be a sheeple and roll over as their rights get taken away bit by bit? They will nibble, and nibble until even the bare hook dissapears.

Originally Posted By: ARCOREY

This needs to be where everyone can read it.

Originally Posted By: KlrDrvrOriginally Posted By: Mr. OutdoorsI couldn't agree more Skinney. If you believe in something, you don't budge. If we give an inch they will take a mile and then some. I didnt do anything wrong, dont punish me!!

Keep in mind that when both sides to an argument take this position, things can get rather ugly, pretty quick.

This... is correct, BUT there is one side that is right, there is one side that thinks logically, there is one side that wants to keep this country how it was built... then there is the side that wants to tear it down, there is one side that wants to take something from those who earned it, and give it to those who didn't, no more 1st place trophies, all our kids get a participation certificate... who the [beeep] thought of this strategy... let me fill you in, and tell you, it was NOT a Capitalist... you want to take this whole thing a step further, look at the fing healthcare mandate, now I'm stuck paying a tax when I don't want to have gov. run healthcare, people say well you HAVE to have vehicle ins... NO U DON'T, ride a [beeep] bike... alright... Fellas, this is what we need to do, get our boys back in office, you know the guys with grassroots, the guys who understand our founding, not these rigid ideologue idiots, THEN we capsize the table and IMPOSE a tax on everyone who doesn't buy a gun.

Skinny, good post. I also saw a line I liked a few days back... You have to prove you have insurance if you are a citizen, however you dont need an ID to prove you are a citizen. WT???

In 1993 opinion polls indicated that almost 60% the american public favored stringent controls on the ownership of guns while only 35% agreed that there was a right to own a gun.

In April of this year just under 50% said the it was more important to protect the rights of gun owners that to control ownership. Fewer than 45% thought control was more important.

Yet, as a group we sound terrified that someone is going to come along and take our guns. Jeeze guys, we've won or at least are well on the way. Why can't we accept that? People do and say stupid stuff all the time and I'm not saying we shouldn't remain vigilent. Of course, it makes sense to keep an eye on things, but the NRA has us running like frightened rabbits. If being angry and/or frightened makes you feel good, OK, I guess.

My take on the NRA is they're a lot more interested in getting my money than they are in enhancing my shooting enjoyment. I'm sorry, but I'm just not that scared that someone is going to show up wanting my gun or is going to make it impossible for me to continue to shoot.

Originally Posted By: skinneyOriginally Posted By: ARCOREY

This needs to be where everyone can read it.

Originally Posted By: KlrDrvrOriginally Posted By: Mr. OutdoorsI couldn't agree more Skinney. If you believe in something, you don't budge. If we give an inch they will take a mile and then some. I didnt do anything wrong, dont punish me!!

This... is correct, BUT there is one side that is right, there is one side that thinks logically, there is one side that wants to keep this country how it was built... then there is the side that wants to tear it down, there is one side that wants to take something from those who earned it, and give it to those who didn't, no more 1st place trophies, all our kids get a participation certificate... who the [beeep] thought of this strategy... let me fill you in, and tell you, it was NOT a Capitalist... you want to take this whole thing a step further, look at the fing healthcare mandate, now I'm stuck paying a tax when I don't want to have gov. run healthcare, people say well you HAVE to have vehicle ins... NO U DON'T, ride a [beeep] bike... alright... Fellas, this is what we need to do, get our boys back in office, you know the guys with grassroots, the guys who understand our founding, not these rigid ideologue idiots, THEN we capsize the table and IMPOSE a tax on everyone who doesn't buy a gun.

Sounds a bit like you want to nibble nibble nibble until even the bare hook is gone. When we refuse to even talk to the other side, who sounds like a rigid ideologue?

Originally Posted By: KlrDrvr
Sounds a bit like you want to nibble nibble nibble until even the bare hook is gone. When we refuse to even talk to the other side, who sounds like a rigid ideologue?

what??? your the one that quoted me, where did I say refuse to talk to the other side??? this is how our system is set up, we vote em out... did the left talk to us about healthcare, did the left talk to us when clinton signed into law the AWB?
nible, nible, what? we need to take a big A$$ bite out of the cancer this gov has grown itself into.

Name one that is "on the other side" that will actually listen to reason. Most of those on that side have paid for bodyguards or have CCW permits "Diane Feinstein" that the average gun owner cant attain. I live in the Bay Area... are their lives more important than ours? They have their agendas and will ever increasingly pursue the disarmorment of America until they reach their final goal. YMMV

The AWB got passed and it got repealed. That process left major mark on any and everybody who even thinks about running for a legislative seat.

Obama was elected in large part BECAUSE he promised to do exactly what he did on health care. A super majority in Congress came with it. It didn't turn out like I wanted, but that's the way it works some time.

Many on our side are as, if not more, rigid as the worst on the antis. Perhaps I misunderstood you but

Quote:BUT there is one side that is right, there is one side that thinks logically,...

we capsize the table and IMPOSE a tax on everyone who doesn't buy a gun. [emphasis added]

doesn't sound like someone open to discussion.

Originally Posted By: KlrDrvrThe AWB got passed and it got repealed. That process left major mark on any and everybody who even thinks about running for a legislative seat.
So, its the passing of the bill that is a joke, and SHOULD NEVER OF HAPPENED.

Originally Posted By: KlrDrvrObama was elected in large part BECAUSE he promised to do exactly what he did on health care. A super majority in Congress came with it. It didn't turn out like I wanted, but that's the way it works some time.
who cares, hilary had hilary care and her major push for the SCHIP program... they all have something to go on that goes against our constitution.

Originally Posted By: KlrDrvrMany on our side are as, if not more, rigid as the worst on the antis. Perhaps I misunderstood you but
no need to elaborate, I catch your drift, our side has the worst of the worst compared to the left... no sir, you are mistaken, you do NOT know my side then, or who I affiliate with.

Originally Posted By: KlrDrvrQuote:BUT there is one side that is right, there is one side that thinks logically,...

we capsize the table and IMPOSE a tax on everyone who doesn't buy a gun. [emphasis added]

doesn't sound like someone open to discussion.

Opinions vary, I open my discussion by checking the box next to the conservative name in the polling booth.

Originally Posted By: Orneryolfart357Name one that is "on the other side" that will actually listen to reason. Most of those on that side have paid for bodyguards or have CCW permits "Diane Feinstein" that the average gun owner cant attain. I live in the Bay Area... are their lives more important than ours? They have their agendas and will ever increasingly pursue the disarmorment of America until they reach their final goal. YMMV

I'm sorry you're in the boat you're in in CA. We live in a federalist system and that gives the states a fair amount of latitude. If they're "ever increasingly pursuing the goal of disarming America," they're doing a pretty pi$$poor job of it. Public opinion, Supreme Court decisions, and the sheer magnitude of numbers of gun owners and guns owned all point to the fact that the antis have lost the battle, if not the war. And it's NOT because the NRA continues to try (successfully it seems to me) to scare the whey out of us with every issue of the "American Rifleman." I know that even paranoid folks have real enemies. But, come on ... we're in a LOT better shape than we seem to realize. Regulation is at bay or being rolled back across the country. The more pushing the NRA does for a completely unregulated evironment and the more we carry their water, the more we sound like the "nuts" the antis want to portray is as. Political pendulums swing, we're on the upside now. It will, someday, swing back, and the farther we try to push it our way the farther it will come back on the back swing.

The NRA is a classic interest group - just like the Sierra Club, the ACLU and the Teamsters. They survive by membership dues and donations. They get those by, among other things, scaring and pi$$ing off their members. Personally, I'm tired of living scared and pi$$ed off. YMMV.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: skinney So, its the passing of the bill that is a joke, and SHOULD NEVER OF HAPPENED.

The passing of the AWB was not a joke. However, it you support popular governments you've got to accept that you're going to lose at times. In this case the short term loss - the AWB - was followed a long term win - the repeal and the brusing the supporters of it took make it very unlikely they'll try again.

Originally Posted By: skinney who cares, hilary had hilary care and her major push for the SCHIP program... they all have something to go on that goes against our constitution.

no need to elaborate, I catch your drift, our side has the worst of the worst compared to the left... no sir, you are mistaken, you do NOT know my side then, or who I affiliate with.

hmmm. Did I say that? I didn't think so.

Originally Posted By: skinney Opinions vary, I open my discussion by checking the box next to the conservative name in the polling booth.

That's your privilege but don't expect your opponents to negotiate in good faith it you won't. And it it's "all your way or the highway ..." might as well accept they'll to the same. Kind of a shame.

John Henry's words come to mind again....Id suggest to you just cruising along. When you see the Men show up at your door demanding your weapons, tell them that you have been waiting to hand them over. JMO but others wont fall that easily. Good luck trying to convert.

When the men show up to collect my guns and the black helicopters set down in the south 40, I may rue the day. However, I'd put the probablity of that happening at about .000000000000000000000000001 in my lifetime. I'm a lot more worried about a lot of other things.

Sorry to see you guys so needlessly (in my considered opinion) upset.

One of these days we should talk about the surveillance state, drones, license plate scanners and the uses to which the data they collect are being put. Now, THAT'S something to be scared/pi$$ed about.

Back