Mossberg MMR Hunter

varmit_master

Has anybody shot one of these rifles? Mossberg ar 15 5.56mm NATO(.223 Rem) I look at one today a 20 inch barrel 1:9 twist . Features a traditional direct impingement gas stystem free floating button rifled carbon steel barrel single stage trigger. Matte black or mossy oak camo. Nice looking gun. Wanting to get a ar 15 but don't have alot of money to put into one. I could get it for 630.00. Please let me know what you think about the rifle. Ty Richard

Hasn't anybody shot one of these rifles? Do u think they will hold up. When I get it line in the only time I will shoot it will be at a predator.

varmit_hunter:

I made a post a month or so ago asking this same question. Several people replied, but none had actually shot this gun. Most tried to convince me to buy something else.

They were on sale up here for $700plus. They don't have a forward assist or a dust cover. I never bought one and still haven't seen where someone on here actually bought or shot one.

Good luck.

Thanks duckstopper the new ones have dust cover and forward assist and I can get it for 630.00 dollars. I ordered one but on back order. May have to look another brand to buy. I talk to one guy he had one and loved it. Shot 50gr v max less than an inch.

I Ordered a .223 mmr in brush camo a week ago. Dealer was unsure of exact lead time. I will let u know how I like it whenever I get it.

I purchased the Mossberg around christmas time and have absolutely loved it! it was my first AR and is by far my favorite rifle! I can consistantly shoot moa with 55gr hornady sp. So far no complaints! No fail to fire,eject,or feed! 300 rounds or so in. Havent had a chance to take it out in the field yet but that will change soon come fall! Dont be afraid that its a mossberg! It is built as well or better than their shotguns! WELL RECOMMENDED!! If you guys would like i could post some pics of my baby!!
thumbup.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: varmit_masterHas anybody shot one of these rifles? Mossberg ar 15 5.56mm NATO(.223 Rem) I look at one today a 20 inch barrel 1:9 twist . Features a traditional direct impingement gas stystem free floating button rifled carbon steel barrel single stage trigger. Matte black or mossy oak camo. Nice looking gun. Wanting to get a ar 15 but don't have alot of money to put into one. I could get it for 630.00. Please let me know what you think about the rifle. Ty Richard
You all must not have read any of my actual field usages on the 2 I bought a few months back.
I have been posting updates here & there.
I bought 2 of them & for $630 Id snag that one in a second!
Check my thoughs & use on them...they are perfect!
http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...862#Post2524862
http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...110#Post2524110
http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...668#Post2515668
http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...639#Post2496639
http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...395#Post2495395
Below is todays 400 yard steel w/55g vmax at 3000 fps, the top 4 are sight ins, the next ten are rapid fire & all within that 4" spot...cept for the low one.

I looked one of these over at a shop the other day and I agree it seemed to be well made...I really liked the longer hand rail, the overall finish seemed on par with other similar priced AR's....this MMR was only $680, good price for what you get with it.

That is a bra bag I got at the dollar store and sewed around a 1/8" steel rod I bent and shaped to form along the AR.
I just made 2 more tonight that are out of camo pant rags and 1/8 rod again. A 5" zipper attached to the bottom to open the bag to empty it. I made these smaller for hunting. You don't need a big bag, just enough to hold maybe 10-20 empties at most.
See how custom my sewing is...nothing fancy eh?
Hardest part is sewing around the rod just right
I also drilled a 1/8" hole in the forearm to fit the rod in.
That seems to be about 1/4" thick there also.
I need to add my Velcro band to the one in the picture, it will attach to the bare rod you see there and holds the bag tightly in place.

I'd be interested in a few more pics of how you put this bag together. Looks like a good option for me as well, particularly with the laws being so strict here about removing all brass. I usually always did since I reload, but it also saves time trying to find it when shooting out of an autoloader into sand. You should sell these things.
wink.gif

I agree with 5spd the mmr was my first ar I shot it and fell in love with it ended up buying another ar and getting rid of the mmr. (which I regret now)The Mossberg had a great feel imo they may be cheap but are a darn good gun as a beginner platform would highly recommend or even as a (throw around) I will be investing in another one!!!! The only issue I thought was the trigger which can be upgraded easily

Indeed I have, mate ... Bought it at a local gun shop for $711 (new) prior to mounting a Redfield 4X12 scope on it. After several hours at the range, I can say that it's very stable and was shooting some impressive groups after only one minor correction on the scope. I don't hunt anymore, so my primary use for it is to kill paper at the range. I have no use for adjustable stocks, and rails plentiful enough to mount every damned accessory on the planet. So far, so good. I particularly like the unencumbered fore grip. Having held a number of the more tactical types of AR's, I prefer to have a rail-free place to grip the forward area. Also, I just swapped over a bipod from one of my other rifles to the MMR yesterday. I'm heading for the range again this Sunday and will report again later, about any improvements I noted with the bipod.

Back