Another

Well... uhh... at least it was a quick kill...

When I shoot 'hogs in my back garden with my 22-250 it's always within 100 yds and I get an entrance and an exit wound

At what kind of range does the impact of the bullet reduce enough to transfer all the remaining enrgy into the animal rather than just punching through? I'm shooting Winchest Varmint 4000fps through a Ruger M77 22-250.

You call that squeamish?!!!!! I was eating my dinner watching that. That was awsome!!!!!!!!

What did you use? dynamite? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Originally posted by DAA:
[qb]This one is about half a meg too.

Extremely graphic - don't EVEN look if you're squeamish.

Rabbit Bomb

- DAA[/qb]
Hi DAA,
Thought this might be of interest to you concerning those barrel burners you have. Let me know what you think. (www.shootersolutions.com)

Steve,

I'm really not sure. I don't know anybody that has used the product, and can't form much of a conclusion from a quick tour of the website. Sounds a little bit like the line Parsic was pushing a few years ago for their moly suspension product, but, I'm not sure about that?

Have you used it? Have an opinion?

I'm kind of lukewarm on bullet coatings in general, but do think there are applications where they make sense, and even use them myself in a couple of specific applications.

- DAA

DAA,
Have not used it. Was contacted about doing some consulting work by the company. Their applications have been in the industrial areas but dawned on them it might work in the firearms industry for barrels. It appears to be a process applied to the barrel that is suppose to extend life along with easier cleaning. Fouling is not suppose to stick to it. Made me think of you and your hot rods!! Suppose to be a smith in CO somewhere that has been using it exclusively for a few years and has had good luck with it. I am like you, applications are there and I very seldom ever use moly bullets at all. I have not been shown the light yet on moly bullets. This product needs extensive testing to see just what it will do in this area. If I have the time to work on the project, I will let you know. You got a rifle that is interested in being a test bed??? LOL!!!

Has chuck huntin fell off in your area yet???

Back