New Torch PRO Extreme Distance Infrared Illuminator - Updated

Victor_TNVC

TorchPRO_5-1.jpg

Torch PRO

The TNVC Torch PRO is the latest generation of the wildly popular Torch line of Infrared Illuminators and yet again, shifts the paradigm. The Torch PRO re-imagines the concept by introducing a host of features not found in any other product on the market, while offering performance that rivals anything in its class. A clean, smooth, and focus-able beam of infrared light is emitted from its high-power LED. Seamless mechanical focus allows adjustment between 1 and 10°, offering area or point illumination at distances past [span style='font-weight: bold;']800 yards![/span] This is a huge benefit to hunters and LE snipers who need to identify targets at long range and the Torch PRO is one of the only civilian-legal, non-laser IR Illuminators to offer this kind of reach. If that was not enough, the Torch PRO still offers usable area illumination even when focused down to long range! See the photos below for proof!

TorchPRO_1.jpg

Encased in a sleek yet rugged aerospace-grade aluminum housing with Mil-Spec Type III Hard Anodizing, the Torch PRO’s virtually indestructible LED provides the user with the best civilian-legal IR illumination on the market. A German-made impact-resistant glass lens system produces a crisp beam while the smooth focus ring allows for easy one hand operation. The wide flood allows for area illumination at close distances, while the tight spot aids in identification of targets at long range.

TorchPRO_9.jpg

TorchPRO_10.jpg

TorchPRO_12.jpg

While the Torch PRO is a great hand-held illuminator, its 1″ tube allows for a plethora of weapon mount options. We offer it packaged with the excellent VTAC Light Mount. Its Tactical Tailcap mimics familiar operating procedures from other popular lights: Press for momentary activation, twist for constant-on. A built-in switch lockout prevents accidental activation during transport or storage. The Torch PRO is designed to stand up to field abuse, including complete water submersion.

Oh, did we mention compatibility with existing Surefire, LLC tailcaps? You read that right, the TNVC Torch PRO is compatible with Surefire XM and Z59 Tailcaps! You wanted options? You got options!

TorchPRO_8.jpg

We have listened to the feedback from end users of the legacy ELR Torch-V. Their input has helped us develop, what we feel, is the most versatile infrared illuminator available today.

Pre-Orders being accepted now for the end of the month delivery.

TNVC Torch PRO

Originally Posted By: Phantom223Skypup I have seen pictures of your rifle where do you plan on finding space to put it
smile.gif

LOL, I've got two identical SIG 556s each set up a different way for different purposes.
grin.gif

This torch is going on the one with the DBAL-I2 with the dual Visible Green 532nm laser and the IR 850nm laser.

I have a DBAL-D2 that TNVC just shipped out to me for the other rifle, the DBAL-D2 already has a nice concentrated focus-able IR 850nm LED beam for using the IR laser and the NV scope setup.

I will be picking up a torch pro myself I really like the construction and performance from pictures I have seen. I am glad to see enough interest in such products that companies like TNVC are investing in production for the commercial market.

Vic.....

This looks like a nice emiiter but will be visible at 805nm. Do you have anything similar that operates at 850nm? (or higher)

Thanks Pup

The SPIR unit might be a player.... I just want a good 850nm emitter. I don't really need the lasers on the DBAL unit.

Gman, I did get the DBAL-D2 for my other rifle and it is really super super nice, you can adjust the focus of the IR Illum without having the foreground being washed out like when I use the nice EagleTac IR flashlight with my DBAL-I2 IR laser.

I have only used it one night to try it out and get it on target so far as I have been busy breaking in the new thermals, but the combination of the IR focusable Illuminator and the IR laser on the DBAL-D2 is simply outstanding. Especially because now the 850nm IR laser shows ZERO bloom and remain pinpoint for super nice targeting. This is a major improvement!

When I get some spare time, I'll take some night NV photos of it through my PVS-14s and post same.

I believe the LDI SPIR has the same IR Illuminator in it as the DBAL-D2 but you'll have to ask Vic @ TNVC about that, but they do look the same in the photos.

The thermals are real game changers and so are the IR Illuminators, they really improve the visual targeting so much it is amazing.

Thanks to the good folks at TNVC for bringing these excellent instruments to the civvy night hunters!
thumbup1.gif

Originally Posted By: Gman757
Vic.....

This looks like a nice emiiter but will be visible at 805nm. Do you have anything similar that operates at 850nm? (or higher)

All IR LED's emit a faint red glow and one has to to be within a few degree cone out in front to see it. Some more than others based on the design of the reflector or lens (like ours is).

The new Torch Pro uses a lens system where the IR LED is actually buried deep inside the optic lens itself which is only seen within 40 yards or so and one has to be within a 1 deg cone up/down, left/right to see it.

Going to 850nm would also decrease the range of the this unit to half of the true effective range we're seeing now. Having that trade of a faint visible glow at 40 yards was worth the extra distance we're seeing. :)

Vic

So folks know, we are starting to ship the new Torch Pro at the end of this week!

We did it right and built a VERY large initial batch to cover all pre-orders that have come in on the special intro price.

Thanks!

Vic

Originally Posted By: Mr BenelliCan you tell us the pros and cons on the upcoming ldi spir ir light vs
the torch pro?

Thanks

Both are VERY capable units used for long and short range engagements. The Torch PRO IR LED is not the same as LDI's, not sure where they obtained theirs. :)

The biggest advantage of the Torch Pro is the versatility of the unit that will retro fit any of Surefires G2, 6P or C2 housing out there. Basically a simple light head swap out.

We also designed the adj. focus beam ring smooth as butter that allows one index finger operation while reaching down toward the end of your gun. We feel this was a very important aspect as well.

As for recoil rating stuff, we had the unit mounted on a new Remington XM-2010 300WM last week for an upcoming Military Channel Special Operations segment. We blasted away throughout the days and nights with no hiccups. :)

Last but not least is price. $239.00 for the Torch Pro.

We're excited about this unit and we feel many others will be as well.

Vic

Victor,

A question for you please, off topic a bit but similar.

Your Gen 2 scope M845 is currently availabe in 2.5X. Did I read somewhere that it may soon be available in 4X?

As well, how well will the M845 or a possible 4X scope see with the Torch Pro - brightness and distance?

If I understand correctly, the red glow will only be seen around 40 yards? If the target is say, 60 yards or so, would the red glow not be seen?

Thanks.

David

Vic

Can you give us the power output on the Torch Pro?? I did not see it in the specs.

The LDI SPIR unit is rated per the specs at

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 6mm06
Victor,

A question for you please, off topic a bit but similar.

Your Gen 2 scope M845 is currently availabe in 2.5X. Did I read somewhere that it may soon be available in 4X?

Haven't heard for sure if the M845 will be available in 4x.

As well, how well will the M845 or a possible 4X scope see with the Torch Pro - brightness and distance?

All depends on environment and size of target. At 2.5x, no issues seeing a hog at 250 yards, his eyes a lot farther with the Torch.

If I understand correctly, the red glow will only be seen around 40 yards? If the target is say, 60 yards or so, would the red glow not be seen?

Would have to be directly within the 1deg FOV to see any faint glow. At 60 yards barely visible within the 1deg cone. Outside of this cone, non visible at any distance.

Thanks.

David

Originally Posted By: Gman757Vic

Can you give us the power output on the Torch Pro?? I did not see it in the specs.

The LDI SPIR unit is rated per the specs at

Back