Tent recomendations...........................................

I had and had is the key word a Big horn 3 cabelas tent and
the little plastic clips that hold it to the main pole broke.Cabelas being the great place that they are gave me a full refund so after looking long and hard at the Alaknak.
I found that it has the same clips to hold up the door.
Sooo I went with a Davis wall tent and am very happy with it
after a few trips with it . If you go to Davis tents web site they are having a April scratch and dent sale you can get a few bucks off this month.

Originally Posted By: ChupathingyOriginally Posted By: bigsky_songdogsHey Gang,

I was wanting some recomendations on tents.

Bring a woman.

Chupa

A woman with a tent.

Originally Posted By: doggin coyotesOriginally Posted By: ChupathingyOriginally Posted By: bigsky_songdogsHey Gang,

I was wanting some recomendations on tents.

Bring a woman.

Chupa

A woman with a tent.

Make sure she has the beer!!

I have a 12x12 Alaknak with floor protector, roof protector and vestibule for sale for $800 firm if you are interested. Perfect condition except for one small tear that my three year old did but had been patched.

Hey Bigsky Songdog,

Did you get a tent yet? If so, waht did you end up with and what do you think of it?

We use an Alaknak 12X12 and haven't had any problems over the last couple of years. Rode it out through an Eastern Colorado Plains blizzard in it and it didn't falter at all.

The Kodiak is a copy of the Springbar but I think the floor is better in the copy, Springbars have a great worrenty but are always out of stock and you would have to ship it to Salt Lake. Both great tents though.

I'll toss my vote in for Big Agnes, customer service is awesome, tent is well made. Not super high end but neither is the price.

Hey Fen
I like my Springbar.
My days of tent camping in the snow are long past, but she keeps me warm and dry here in Idaho.
Super easy to set up.
Wind doesn't phase it.
Well built and great service if you do happen to need it.
And my Dogs like it.
grin.gif

What more can you ask for?
RedRiver032.jpg

Back