Wyoming cow elk hunting?

sigpros

Looking to do a cow elk hunt this year if I can get a couple left over tags. It will be just myself and my good hunting buddy Brian. Our question is what time of year should we go? We are looking at the last week in October/the first week in November. Or going the day after Christmas for a week? I have been elk hunting acouple times in Colorado but never Wyoming. Do you have any tips for us? Or any must have items we need to bring? The times I went it was just grab my hunting stuff and get in the truck. I have never had to pack the camp before. I have a new tent to use and can't wait to go. Really wat some elk meat. Thank you for any help

Last edited:
Basically bring what you have brought with you on your CO hunts.
The weather is not much different, it can rain and snow and be windy or nice and sunny.
Bring really warm and water proof outter layers of clothing, and really warm and waterproof sleeping bag.
Same boots you used in CO, to keep your feet dry and warm, but also comfortable.
Bring good glasses because you will be looking through them ALL day long
Bring good little backpack camp stove, enough supplies of food and water, first aid stuff, survival items.
Anything and everything you had in CO basically I guess.

Good luck and good hunting
Wayne

Originally Posted By: sigprosWhere do I buy one of those maps? I did get my cow tag so I'm ready to o west!
You can get them from the vendor on the site here or sportsmans warehouse stocks them as well as the WY DG&G online.

Originally Posted By: sigprosWhere do I buy one of those maps? I did get my cow tag so I'm ready to o west!

Kirsch Outdoor Products or Hunting GPS Maps, both sponsors of this forum.

Back