20 Practical loading?

weneedtoo

I have been toying with the idea of turning a .222 788 Rem into a .20 practical Prairie Dog gun. It has a pitted barrel anyway. But havnt' seen dies for .20 Practical anywhere. I believe I did see somewhere a set of dies for .20 Tactical though.

Any way, I was told that I could take my Redding .223 bushing die and use the propper size bushing to size the neck. If I needed to bump the neck backat some time, could I just use a standard .223 die? What can I use for a seating die?

Any begining load data would be helpful too.

Thanks in advance
Rich

6mmbr has a section and it tells you all you need to set up your dies. Also if you need some starting load data pm me. Been shooting a 20pr for the last few years in a ar.

Custom dies are available- but expensive. Seems like the way to go is with a Redding .223 bushing die and the correct bushings to run .223 brass necks down to the proper tension. A .223 seater die works fine.

I am considering a .20 Practical barrel for my Savage, since I have lots of .223 brass. It looks like a fun cartridge. A wildcat without the headaches if you will. The .204 Ruger is nice, but brass is expensive.

Back