Suppressed 204 vs suppressed 22-250?

VAkritterkiller

Ok im a week away from ordering my first can which leads me to my question of host firearm, Between the 204 and a 22 250 both running the 40 gn factory ammo, which setup would have the least amount of sound? ( Im aware of the inability to silence the sonic crack) Or if there is any noticable difference? Also how effective are suppressors on these calibers?

Not sure as far as the difference in sound.
I am guessing you purchased a 5.56 can? If so, make sure it can handle the added pressuer of the 22-250.

I say thread em both. Why use a can on just one rifle.

The manufacturer states the can will handle the pressure just fine. I havnt bought either rifle yet, thats just one of the defining points of which caliber to get. My guess would be the 204 is easier to suppress but just wants some of yalls more experienced expertise.

Most .223/556 cans will work on everything up to the 220swift, as long and the barrel is long enough (pressure reasons) usually over 20" is fine.
Regarding the sound suppression of the 204 compared to the 22-250, depends a lot on the baffle design and the dia of the baffle holes and end cap. You probably wont be able to tell much difference with your ear as compared to if you actually metered it... either cal will suppress well compared to not shooting with a can @ all... I know some of these vids may be getting old, but we are adding new stuff soon, and some new members may not have seen em, SO here ya go VAkritterkiller, enjoy the video its as close as your gonna get, until you get the can in your hand!!!

Back