bushmaster

Just dropped her off at the gunsmiths and he is going to cast the chamber. I believe it will be a 7.62x39. as the barrel is on a 15 upper, sure not what I wanted or bought. Guy I bought it from swears its a 223,idiot...And I will bet I wont get my money back Funny thing is he said he shot it about 30 times how the [beeep] could you do that?

Originally Posted By: luderJust dropped her off at the gunsmiths and he is going to cast the chamber. I believe it will be a 7.62x39. as the barrel is on a 15 upper, sure not what I wanted or bought. Guy I bought it from swears its a 223,idiot...And I will bet I wont get my money back Funny thing is he said he shot it about 30 times how the [beeep] could you do that?

As for getting your money back I doubt it, the seller is either a Con man or some punk.

Hope it turns out all good for you. Maybe she will be a shooter.
Bet you learned something from this ordeal.

Will

Yes we learned something for sure, maybe I should of just bought new what I wanted. I sent the guy a email saying I thought it was a 7,62x39, and his reply back was....that is 223, what a knob. Maybe it will all work out in the end-as in extra parts laying around. All we wanted to do was buy piece by piece and in the end I will own my own ar. I will keep you posted,thanks

That cartridge would not be bad to have.I had one once and it was OK. I sold it but I personally have never been a fan of it but a lot of people are.There is nothing wrong with it.I have a mag for that cartridge and is for AR platform if you decide to keep it send me a PM and I will get it to you,I don't need it.

Last edited:
tnshootist thanks for the offer I havent heard back from the gunsmith yet, but I will let you know what turns out. I figured the ak47 would be about like shooting a 30-30. nastynate I bought the upper from a private seller and yes I suppose a guy could try to trade or sell her...thanks for the input...

Ok its official, gunsmith called back 7.63x39 it is, emailed the previous owner and he still swears its 223 so we wont be seeing my money back. Now decision time to build it or maybe put it in the classifieds to sell or try to make a trade for something else. To live and learn, I quess I took that one up the......

Originally Posted By: luderOk its official, gunsmith called back 7.63x39 it is, emailed the previous owner and he still swears its 223 so we wont be seeing my money back. Now decision time to build it or maybe put it in the classifieds to sell or try to make a trade for something else. To live and learn, I quess I took that one up the......

Seeing as the original builder apparently has no clue as to what he built, I hope your gunsmith looked it over to make sure it is in safe condition to be fired. Shame really, would be a nice dual purpose calibered upper.

Chupa

Well yes we still have it sitting on the shelf. So today I ordered a nfa lower from joebob and a dpms 6 position stock from midway. So I figure piece by piece I am going to make something out of my mistake. Will most likely be tradeing or selling in the future and buy or build something else. Pics to come later.....

Ok piece by piece she goes. NFA lower joebob-great price and sitting at my ffl, 6 position dpms stock-midway 58.37 shipped, 223-5.56 dpms flat top sportical 389.94 shipped from midway.Now I need a couple mags and sights, might go open not sure yet. Any suggestions on cheaper optics with decent buis. As I say I am a noob and this 1st one will be cheap and light, well maybe not to cheap as I still have the 7.62 sitting but I might by a bolt and ch and see if I can pin her to the nfa lower than I would have two in a sense....pics to follow

Hey Luder,

If you need and want it, I have CAA fore end grip w/internal compartment that I do not need and is laying in the closet in a plastic bag. It is in LNIB/Excellent condition.

You can have it if you want. Let me know by email at
baadboyy@aol.com or PM here.

Wayne

Getting rid of my money, ordered a spikes stripped lower,burris pepr,and a 20 rd pmag from joebob. Also a dpms lower parts kit from midway. Needed yet,optics and I want bais eventually. This is starting to get a little pricey but I almost have enough parts for two. I pick up golf balls when I shed/morel hunt in the spring,sold 530 balls for $500.00 last week,quess where that money went. Darn thing is the little lady gave 2 five gallon pails from the shed away and I can't really tell her what I did with the other buckets...lol

001-2.jpg
Ok my 1st build nothing fancy but we did it piece at a time. still need optics for the 5.56, and bcg,charging handle,muzzle brake and a stock for the 7.62x39. Hanging out on this forum cost some money but it is a nice place to hang out. Thanks for your input....luder

Back