7MM rem mag brass

RTLOF18918B

How many loads are you all getting out of your 7mm brass? I'm guessing 3-5 on moderate loads. I just scrapped 20 rounds that I marked loose pockets and sized and prepped 20 more rounds and seated primers. No resistance seating them. Popped the new primers out and scrapped those 20. Came up with 20 that will go one more time and then scrapped. This was all range brass. This is the only caliber I've had this happen in. I'm going to buy 100 NEW pieces after my birthday.

Just curious as to your fing oin the subject.

Thanks,

Tony

I've been loading most of my brass over 10 times and that's FL sizing. I had 200 pcs of federal that I loaded for almost 4 years before I had a case desperate and that was through 2 different barrels. If you watch your brass and neck size most until you need to bump a shoulder you'll get a lot of life out of it.

This is gonna sound crazy, but try a different brand primer. I have found that Fed 215 primers are tighter in my 270 WSM brass than Rem 9 1/2 M primers......

Unless you are loading to very high pressures, you should get several re-loads before pockets get loose.

I just returned a lot of 100 of win brass to Olin/Global Brass. Several cases were separating at the head after 3-4 loadings. Never had that happen with a ton of 300 win mag & 338 win mag loaded full tilt.
I reloaded the 100 today using a lowererd amount of powder. Sucks.

Originally Posted By: 243kimberI just returned a lot of 100 of win brass to Olin/Global Brass. Several cases were separating at the head after 3-4 loadings. Never had that happen with a ton of 300 win mag & 338 win mag loaded full tilt.
I reloaded the 100 today using a lowererd amount of powder. Sucks.
Head separations are caused by resizing the shoulder too far.

Jack

A friend at work gave me 100 Winchester primers today to try in the 7mag. I'm going to buy some new brass and save the Winchester primers for my fired brass. I have already crushed the brass with the loose pockets. Not a big deal. I will try it though.

Tony

Case head separation is caused by to many FL resizes on a barrel that has excessive headspace. I cut the chamber on my remmy700 7mag about .002 past the go gauge on accident. That's when I started losing brass. Since I replaced brass and only neck size or only full length enough that the bolt goes closed easy, I haven't lost one. It's only the first firing that your brass is headslaced off the belt.

Back