DPMS LR-308 rebarreled to 6.5 creedmoore bolt cathes bullet when charged.

submoa308

I just recently rebarreled my DPMS LR -308 with a Criterion 20in stainless barrel. when the gunsmith got the gun together,and test fired it he said you couldn't charge it with the clip in the gun. The locking lugs catch the shoulder of the round. I had sent a 10 rd mag from Fulton Armory that I purchased with the barrel. I then came home,and tried a DPMS 308 clip....same results. I called DPMS and asked if they changed the bolt carrier or magazines to feed in their 6.5. They said no that it was the same as the 308 version. Does anyone have an idea what I can do to fix this? With all the money I have sunk in this thing I really don't want just a cool looking single shot! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Kevin

Did it work right when it was a 308? You might check with people on this sight: http://308ar.com/.

The only thing I can think of is the shoulder angle is sharper on the CM, maybe you need to bevel the back corners of the 2 bottom locking lugs a little like they do with the wssm ar15's.

Yeah,it cycled fine with the 308 case. I watched the bullet in the magazine when I pulled the charging handle back,and it seemed once I got to a certain point the bolt carrier pushed down on the back of the case causing the shoulder to be thrown up into the locking lugs. I will check that site though.

Thanks Kevin

Strange. I built a 6.5 Creedmoor on DPMS upper and lower receivers, using a DPMS BCG and a 20" Criterion barrel from Fulton. It never spent any time as a 308 but I have not had any feed issue. I have only used a pmag with it so far.

Back