PLEASE READ!! Knives and blades forum??

The last custom I bought. Jason and David Winston made it. Gene Ingram supplied the S30V and did the heat treat. I don't have too many pics of knives, but I have lots of them.....

SAM_0544.jpg

SAM_0545.jpg

SAM_0549.jpg

I agree Pahntr, there is some interest in this thread. 22 posts as opposed to 14 in the 'onions' thread. I'm pretty sure we won't have an onions forum even though there' nearly as many posts when you take mine out of here.

as I said I'm sure not against a new forum , all i ask is that members post enough in the existing member's forum to show a new one is warranted. At that point I'll get behind it.

That applies to knives or any other topic.

Cool blades Jeff. I was looking at a copy of that Colt yesterday. A NIB one has to be worth a few bucks. You don't see them often. I almost bought a Randall recently also. Still don,t have one, but that will change someday. When was yours made? I think I want to hold out for one that was made by the old man......

Thanks Ken!
I bought the Colt folder brand new in the box back in the mid to late 70's. I don't have any idea what it's worth now.
I'm thinking the Randall is 10-15 years old. One of the Viet Nam era knives made by the "old man" would be a real prize for sure!
thumbup1.gif

Wow, Jeff! Nice knives! I really have never even seen custom knives, so I'm just now being introduced to them. It would be great to have a knife forum. Until now, I thought Benchmade was the best, but I would love to have a custom made knife. It would be great to see someone make such knives. That is one heck of a talent. I'll bet the metal really outshines the store bought variety.
thumbup.gif

Customs are nice. Here is an Ingram I bought a few years ago:

Ingram_2_DP_Ironwood_1_Large.jpg

Hopefully Mike and Brad will chime in as they have a bunch of Ingrams......

Thanks Centurion!
Those are just a few knives I've gathered up over the years.
I wish I had been able to buy a few of the early custom knives. The Clifton knife was $95 when I bought it. There was a 4 month delivery time, so I was able to save up the $$ by the time the knife was ready.
thumbup1.gif

2muchgun-- Very nice knives. Never even heard of Ingrahms. I'll have to do a search on some of these custom knives to check them out.

Originally Posted By: 2muchgunI thought you might like that
grin.gif

Yes I did!
Thanks!

Those Ingrams are nice. I've seen a few that Mike posted over the last couple of years.
thumbup1.gif

I'd be in for a knife forum.

I run mainly Gene Ingrams knifes. Gene's wait time is almost 3yrs. I have two more Ingrams they should be done within a month, if that.

I run them from gutting/cutting deer, goose/turkey, trout fishing, and cleaning meat at the house.

I had some D2, but wasn't impressed with that carbon steel mainly because the steel would stain quite easily.

I run all S30V and it's some good stuff! I lost an Ingram one winter during a late duck and goose hunt. The knife sat out in snow, rain, mud, and warm weather in the spring for almost 4 months till I located it that spring. The knife had NO rust! Only thing that was messed up was my wood grips and Gene had it fixed and to my door in less then a week and a half.

This was from this last week while trout fishing in northern Michigan.
319412_10150886869001981_2093935845_n.jpg

Prepping some venison steaks the other week.
20120621_154454.jpg

DSC_0301.jpg

Back