PLEASE READ!! Knives and blades forum??

2muchgun

It occurred to me that of all the different hunting forums I frequent, PM is the only one without a dedicated forum for knives and blades.

It seems every hunter must have a knife, so why not have a knife and blades forum?

Thoughts?

ANYONE WHO WOULD LIKE A KNIVES AND BLADES FORUM PLEASE SPEAK UP!!

Hmmm....
Good question Ken.

I'm sure nobody like pics like this...
wink.gif

IMG_0565.jpg

We've talked about adding new forums, knives included, but what happens is pretty soon we have so many forums that the 'new' forum gets little traffic.

We can only slice the pie so thin and then it become too crowded and members only post in the same old forums for the extra exposure.

we have it no with members posting non related topics in the predator forum because it gets 'all' the traffic.

as far as the knives go I'd love to see threads about knives. It would educate me and others. As it is we don't get many threads about knives.

When we started the AR forums, there were lots of threads running in firearms to justify the new forum.

So I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say if you want a knife forum, plug the members, equipment or another forum with knife topics. when we see a trend we likely will 'need' a new forum dedicated to knives.

It is my belief that we do not get many threads about knives simply because there is nowhere to put them. Most knife talk is in the custom equipment forum, but the fact is, most here probably do not hunt with custom knives(although a bunch of us do) and "regular" members cannot start new topics there anyway.

I honestly believe there would be a LOT more threads on knives if we had a knives forum, simply because every hunter carries a knife, just like they carry a gun.

We also have several custom knife makers here, several who make custom sheaths, and several who make custom lanyards.

Hopefully we can somehow make it happen. May even end up with a few more sponsors out of the deal.....

I have quite a few knives laying around the house. One of my favorites is a Benchmade Nimravus. These handmade knives I'm seeing on here are beauts. I plan on adding to my inventory and purchase some of them. A knife and blade forum sounds good to me. That way I wouldn't just haphazardly happen upon fine knives like Rick's.

Last edited:
Mini Griptilian is a sweet knife. I have a friend who is a rep for Benchmade, and I get them for a huge discount from him when I can catch up with him. The Presidio is nice, too. I paid about $130 for the Nimravus, and that was with both sheaths that are available with it.

Here's a good link for knives at good prices!

http://www.bladehq.com/

Last edited:
2muchgun, where is it that new members can't start a topic?

"and "regular" members cannot start new topics there anyway."

The equipment forum goes a few days with no posts. There's lots or room there. Or post in the members forum, lots of room there with only a few posts per day.

Pick a forum and post away. If it looks like a new forum is justified, then it will be given some consideration.

Pm welcomes suggestions to make the site better, but if we opened a forum everytime someone suggested it, we would have pages of forums with many seeing no traffic.

I have no problem supporting a new forum if there is a need. From the knife threads I see so far, I just don't see the need.

Last edited:
I figured this was the case because when I go there there is no "new topic" box to click on.......?? I figured it was reserved for custom makers. Is this not the case? Maybe I have been banned
lol.gif

You don't see any threads on guitars either. Know why? Cuz there is no guitars forum
grin.gif

Seriously though, I do understand your position. It is just that it does not seem right that we have 4 different forums dedicated to calls, and none dedicated to knives. For every rifle and call carried, there is a knife to go with it. It is standard every day equipment. Everyone has one. Most have more than one. Plus all the other types of blades we use such as pocket knives, limb saws, axes, machetes, mult-tools, broadheads, etc.

Anyways, thanks for your consideration and maybe the members will speak up.....

Bob Dozier Semi-Skinner...
Doziersemi-skinner.jpg

Dozier Columbia River Skinner...
doziercolumbiariverskinku0.jpg

Dozier Slim Outdoorsman...
DozierSlim.gif

Buck Custom Shop 110 nickel bolsters & stag scales/BG-42 steel...
CustomStagBuck110.jpg

Buck Custom Shop 110 nickel & buffalo scales/BG-42 steel...
BuffaloBuck3.jpg

I am all in with a knife Forum. I have a few hand made knives passed down to me, and have some blade stock along with a large grinding wheel. It is 36" or so and turns slow. Should be great for shaping.

Maybe a knife forum could be added to an existing little used forum. Just expand something rather than create a new?

I have been trying my hand at putting some handles on and doing some shaping/ polishing of blade blanks lately, but I am still a rookie. The wheel you speak of is exactly what I need.....

I love knives and i would be all for a forum on Knives, Blades, Sheath's and information on what all goes into making a "Quality & Cutom" Knife.

Thanks for the consideration!

Kevin

Awesome blades man. I think I may need a Dozier before they go through the roof in price.

Thanks for the support you guys.

Keep it coming........

Mini San Mai Nessmuk by Larry Withrow, my current EDC
DSC03244.jpg

DSC03243.jpg

DSC03238.jpg

Another San Mai by Larry Withrow
032912bf20001.jpg

032912bf20002.jpg

032912bf20003.jpg

032912bf20004.jpg

Alan Davis hunter