Definative Answer?

BigDogShooter

Hi Everyone, 1st post here. Has there been a consensus made on what color kill light will not disturb coyote's? I just ordered a xlr250 in green, and want to make sure I got the right color.

I hunt coyotes exclusively, but never at night. I live on 5ac and last week my wife let our dogs out at 10pm to go pee, and we think a coyote grabbed my 15lb Whippet. I was not home, and my wife said the dogs were out for less than 2 or 3 minutes when she heard some terrible dog screams, and our dog had disappeared. Later in the morning she saw what appeared to be drag marks in the grass heading towards the woods.

We are really not sure what happened, but coyotes and bobcats have been spotted in the neighborhood lately. Now my wife is scared to let the dogs or our small children out after dark.

BigDogShooter,

I am a dealer of these lights you will get a lot of opinions on light colors. I only recommend RED light to my customers for predator hunting.

Jeremiah

+1 on the red, green while slightly brighter enhances and reflects off any fog or snow. On a perfect clear night green is better but red is better all the other times.

Back