savage accu-trigger upgrade?

jbuttolph

I recently picked up a savage axis on the cheap and was wondering if I could switch out the trigger with an accu-trigger. I have a model 10 predator max1 and love the accu-trigger on it and would like the same feel on my axis 30-06 which I plan to deer hunt with. Details, cost, difficulty etc. will be helpful to know as well. Thanks for any help you can give me.

I see Timney makes a replacement trigger for the Savage Axis. I'd go that route even if it cost a tad more. It shouldn't be hard at all, easy on most rifles. Just read the directions, go slow, & visit a gunsmith if you get in over your head.

Better make sure these triggers will fit an AXIS before ordering. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think they will "drop in".

As muskrat stated timney makes a trigger and RB makes a trigger for the Edge Axis rifles. [beeep] does not have a trigger for this rifle and a Accutrigger will not be a drop in. Not saying it can't be done but no one has done it yet.

To be honest just do it yourself and save the money. My Edge trigger is twice as nice as my factory accu. There is a how to on this site and over on savage shooters site.

Enjoy.

Back