Montana PD rules change...here's what I found

Unfortunately......it isn't much at this time.

The Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks Commission tentatively accepted a management strategy for black-tailed and white-tailed prairie dogs in Montana at its Dec. 13-14 meeting. The management strategy is outlined in the "Conservation Plan for Black-tailed and White-tailed Prairie Dogs in Montana" developed by the state's prairie dog working group, composed of state and federal agencies, Montana's Indian tribes, conservation organizations, and landowners.

The plan recognizes the burrowing animal's value to prairie ecosystems and that it can be a nuisance that may require control on private lands. The Commission will take final action on the proposed management strategy at its Jan. 23-24 meeting.

To request a print copy of the "Conservation Plan for Black-tailed and White-tailed Prairie Dogs in Montana," call 406-444-2612.

Thanks Dave for the info! Since you seem to be on your toes about the situtation in Montana, can you keep us posted here on to what is going on? Thanks

------------------
uta-flag1s.gif

Gun Control is hitting your target.
anim_sniper.gif

Well Michigan is a ways away from montana but I am going to order the booklet tomorrow. It doesn't look like anything will be concrete until the end of the month and from there it will probably take em a while to update their web site but as soon as i see something, I will pass it on.

Geez.......I wish we had prairie dogs in Michigan, sure would save me in gas money
rolleyes.gif

Back