Electronic scales vs balance scales

My Chargemaster was over 3 years old and was not functioning properly, and I couldn't resolve the issues.

It was out of warranty, but I sent them $45 and they sent me a new unit.....shipping prepaid.

The "separation anxiety" while I was without a CM was agonizing!
tongue_smilie.gif

I also keep a RCBS 10-10 on the bench....

+1 what travjc said about waiting to make sure it's not overthrown....

George

Last edited:
I have a friend that got a Chargemaster, and though he complained it was off like a tenth or two of a grain now and then, and that he had issues with H110 getting messy with it, I never noticed any accuracy or pressure issues, it seemed pretty danged handy to me. He sent his back twice and now I think he just relaxed a little and uses the third one as intended. I know he tended to push the limit though on loads, and also tended to attempt to be within a tenth of a grain on everything he loaded (bullets, brass, volume of H2O, powder, primer) which I saw as being a bit on the ridiculous side-to each his own. I rather liked the unit though... That said, I could not afford one at the time, so I stuck with my beam scales...

I tended to use bullseye and reddot for my .45 and .38's, and for the rifles used IMR 4350 (.270 and 30-06 at the time I last loaded some, got rid of the .270 now, so I might get to use some of the 4895 in the .30 cal and maybe the .223, not sure if the smaller caliber will like IMR in either of these flavors though-I GOTTA get my bench set up in this new house!!!).

Originally Posted By: LongnkrnchDoes fluorescent lighting cause issues? That's what I have over my bench.
I never noticed it affecting my beam scale
wink.gif

I abandoned cheap electronic scales, went back to beam and never had a problem again. Have not tried the Chargemaster and don't intend to: between the beam and volume measures I feel no such need. Plus, I'd have to change the lights...

Back