Question for you fellas that are in the know about Wilcox Arizona area

A few weeks ago I was driving between Wilcox and Bowie Arizona. Low and behold right next to the Interstate, miles and miles from any ranch houses, I or I probably should say we saw a small sounder of real honest to god PIGS. They were big healthy swine. The question is, "have you heard about any farrel hogs in this area? Possible hunting oppertunities may lye in this direction. It was about all Bill could do to keep me from stopping right there on the interstate and going after them (slight exadgeration there).

Michael

Mr. McCasland, I worked alot of the ranches between Safford & Wilcox. And Wilcox to Hatchita N.M. (U-Bar, Big Hatchets). I never saw ferral Hogs in AZ. But we use to get ALOT of them off the U-bar and over in the Animas Valley. I don't think they recognize statelines. So I don't see any reason why they wouldn't be where you are talking about.There use to be a Stuckeys Truckstop there off I-10 in Bowie. If it is there call and talk to the Manager and ask him for the names and numbers to surrounding ranches. The ranchers/farmers will help you out. Feral Hogs are a pain in the ......well you get it.
Geez, with info like that I probably just wiped out the fledgling Hog herd for Arizona Game & Fish Department.

I had heard rumors that there were some really ugly women in Bowie, but I never would have imagined that they would get so butt-ugly that the men would would run them right out of town.

[This message has been edited by Mike McDonald (edited 01-08-2002).]

Back