Rockchuck Hunting in Idaho

Renagade I used to have family in twin falls but no more. That would be alot of fun. I used to go out with my dad and uncle when I was a kid shooting potguts in the alfalfa feilds. I think I could arrange a trip this spring if you could help me find a place to stay for a night or two. I love shooting long range, I just don't get much practice around here. If I'm lucky I'll be building a 6mm A.I. real soon.

Renagade I used to have family in twin falls but no more. That would be alot of fun. I used to go out with my dad and uncle when I was a kid shooting potguts in the alfalfa feilds. I think I could arrange a trip this spring if you could help me find a place to stay for a night or two. I love shooting long range, I just don't get much practice around here. If I'm lucky I'll be building a 6mm A.I. real soon. email me at jrsabin@attbi.com

I was refering to the lava flows that are common all over the southern and central part of the state. You'll find them from the west side of the state to the east side. If you can get permission to hunt the fields around them there is great chuck shooting in those areas. I'm sure your friend was refering to the town Lava. The closest large town for reference would be Pocatello. From there go south and east about 45 miles. There is some excellent chuck and squirrel shooting in that area.

Yo Idahoppc
I have never done any hunting in that area but it sounds like a trip is in order. If you want to hook up and do a little shooting this spring drop me a note. I bet you have some good coyote hunting down there also.
VB

Talon, I'm sure we can arrange a place for you to stay if you were to come up here. And as for long range i'm talking around 300 to 400 yards mostly sometimes 500. drop me a long when you get a chance to come up.
Varmitboy haven't you ever heard of the Craters of the Moon National Monument it's were to Appolo astronuats learn to walk on the moon. never hunted that area for chuchs though. great for deer and elk

Renegade that sounds like alot of fun. as soon as starts to warm up and thaw out I'll e-mail you to set something up.

sounds good to me Talon, just give me a couple of weeks notice becuase I only get to the computer on the weekends. Rockchucks hunting usually starts march thru mid-august. I'll let you know when I start to see them out running.
renegade

Back