Prarie dogs - where should i hunt?

mssmagnum

I am looking for ANY information on where, costs & hunting license requirements.

Thanks in advance for any information...

mike

----------------
NRA Life Member
United States of America - Love It or LEAVE IT!

Latest USMC bumper sticker "IT'S GOD'S RESPONSIBILITY TO FORGIVE BIN LADEN...
IT'S OUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ARRANGE THE MEETING!!!"

[This message has been edited by mssmagnum (edited 12-19-2001).]

mssmagnum,
I will e-mail you some information that I have. Been gone a few days-I'm just catching up on posts. MP

------------------
predatorlogo3jpg.gif

http://www.predatormasters.com

Please send me the info also, or post it for all to see. I have never tried prairie dogin, but would love to try. No prairie dogs where I live in SW Missouri.

Originally posted by Mike Paul:
mssmagnum,
I will e-mail you some information that I have. Been gone a few days-I'm just catching up on posts. MP

Mongo Mike
You would love it! I'm on my way out right now to catch up on some serious coyote hunting I've been trying to do for a few months.
After Tuesday, I will post some info on places, as also there are some states changing the regs on prairie dog hunting.
wink.gif
MP

------------------
predatorlogo3jpg.gif

http://www.predatormasters.com

I have been posting for info on prarie dog huntin also for the last couple months all over the web, and haven't come up with any good info, I am in west Arkansas and can go to west oklahoma or Texas panhandle if there is any there, which I heard west Oklahoma does but not for sure, I really would like to get the experiance also but dont want to drive over 5 hours one way,

Many prarie dogs in northern TX, western OK and I'm sure southern Kansas as well as in SE Colorado. Call or write chambers of commerce in small towns. Many have lists of farmers who want the critters shot. Some farmers are wising up and starting to charge for the shooting. Many are poisoning dogs out now because of fear that the PDs will be put on the endangered list. Most farmers that I have approached are glad for you to shoot the PDs and usually when you find one place, that farmer will usually know of others on neighbors places. It takes some work. Make a weekend trip to find places.

Back