UT rabbits/yotes

walker

Just a note for those UT guys wondering bout rabbits. I was out in the fish springs area this week and slayed the rabbits and had a lot of good luck with the coyotes. Just west of Fish springs between there and the Deep creek rang. There are a lot of side roads, any where out there in the sage you will find rabbits. We called most of our coyotes in the transitional areas between sagebrush and the low cedars. We tried out by the IPP area around Delta last week but it was slow and not to many rabbits. Thought we heard the DWR plane dive bombing the coyotes but couldn't see it just heard it.
Hope you guys are having good luck to.

Walker

I tried to get out there on saturday, but my little truck couldn't get through the snow drifts. The wind was so bad we only got out a couple times for the jacks and just drove around exploring and tring to stay unstuck. Tried rabbits on the east of lookout pass, lots of sign, only four rabbits. wish I knew more places for good jackrabbits.

I was out by fish springs last sat. my self and I know what you mean by the wind and the snow. Tried to call coyote's but the wind was just to strong. Did get into the Jacks early in the morning around Simpson Springs. The local sheep herder out there said he has been having a lot of trouble with the coyotes out there but so far it has been slim pickins. Hope to get out there again sometime this week, its hard to decide if I should go hunting coyotes or Mt. Lions.....I will let you all know how it went.

walker

We ran into a government hunter about six months ago out by fish springs, he was actually hunting Lions not coyotes, but he said that they were having a lot of problems with both the lions and coyotes all over the state. We used to just have to the West side of Utah Lake and we could hunt rabbits and coyotes until we passed out from exhaustion, now the rabbits are thin but I know there are coyotes out there, something is making all those tracks.

Back