Calling Racoon

boatman

Anyone here tried calling coons? I just bought a coon squaller on Ebay with the intent to call in the timber that I deer hunt. Is it possible to call them in the early morning and evenings while it is still light enough to shoot? What are the do's and dont's?

Thanks,
Boat

------------------
Nothing worse than a coyote freindly gun!!!

Hey Boatman,
No need for a raccoon caller.Just find a dumpster/garbage can and set up near by.We have coons in ours every night.Thought about trapping a few myself,but I'm inside the city limits and can't.Did a LOT of coon huntin years ago though,love that BBQ'd coon.
Some of the biggest raccoons I've ever seen live in the city sewer systems,to bad they can't be trapped.Good luck.
KYOTIKID

------------------
US PREDATOR REGULATORS
IOWA CHAPTER

We have a lot of campgrounds that they hit-garbage cans. It would be easy to use a haveahart trap. MP

------------------
predatorlogo3jpg.gif

http://www.predatormasters.com

A friend of mine has had a lot of success calling raccoon, but it has all been at night. He says it's a waste of time to try calling them in daylight. He uses the Johnny Stewart "coon fight" tape (which my buddy actually recorded, JS bought the rights to all his sounds years ago).

- DAA

Boatman,
Try a Johnny Stewart sqeeling bird for coon,they take a while to come in, but will get in the truck with you under a red lense halo. Have had some luck calling them at dusk.
Be quick and deadly,

[This message has been edited by ninehorses (edited 11-23-2001).]

Back