Recoil pad for a Rem 700 LVSF

tom223

I have a Rem 700 LVSF and want to change the recoil pad,because it is gummy and sticky. I called Rem and they told me the pad cannot be replaced because it is glued onto the stock. Has anyone ever changed one, is this true? Any info you can provide will be very helpful. Thanks Tom

Last edited:
I thought Remington put the limb saver pad on those just under the Remington name. I had a .17 Remington in one.

Tom the pad you have is most likely the R3 recoil pad made by limb saver for Remington. Several people have had those pads become gummy and from what other people have said Remington will replace the pads if that becomes a problem.

Has anyone actually replaced one,how did you get it off, cut it off? Does anyone know the part number on the pad so I can match it up with another limsaver.

Tom I did a web search it sounds like some of the pads are glued on you may want do a search. I never had to change mine but I no longer have that gun. Good luck!

Maybe Remington got tired of people sending the crappy pads back so they glued them on!!

You should be able to take a sharp razor blade around the base of the pad. Once you cut in about a 1/4" you should be able to pry the pad off.

I called Remington 2 weeks ago and was told to call limbsaver to purchase one. I have not called yet, but the lady from Remington said to have the stock handy for measurements.

Sparky

I have a LVSF in a 17 Remington. I had the same problem. The pads are defective. I called Remington and because the pad was glued on they sent me a brand new stock. That is good service.

This also just happened to me. I have 2 LVSF's, one in 223 & the other in 22-250. I called Remington about them being sticky and flaking and they have 2 new stocks on the way to me. Now that is what I call CUSTOMER SERVICE.

They original pads are indeed Limbsaver pads. A guy who shoots where I do had three of the rifles with bad pads, and Remington sent him three new stocks that have a different recoil pad installed, but they are the same identical stock as the originals. He said all Remington asked of him was the serial numbers and calibers of the three rifles to check for him actually having the rifles while he was on the phone. This happened about two months ago.

He had removed the screws on all three stocks and found all of them to be glued. That is when Remington stepped up.

He told me that one day a few weeks ago after seeing the suggestion on the internet that he tried heat from a hair dryer and all three pads came loose. So he called Limbsaver customer service to see if he could buy new pads for the stocks and they told him during the conversation that the pads were a result of a bad rubber mix from a supplier and they asked him to ship them one of the pads he had removed.

He promptly got three new pads from Limbsaver at no cost. He said they screwed right onto the stocks and fit perfectly. He also told me that the three pads that Limbsaver sent to him in factory original store packaging were for Tikka T-3 synthetic stocks. And again they fit perfectly.

Originally Posted By: greydogI have a LVSF in a 17 Remington. I had the same problem. The pads are defective. I called Remington and because the pad was glued on they sent me a brand new stock. That is good service.
They also sent me a new stock about 3 or 4 months ago when I called them about the problem.

Back