???........... Savage 11/111 Trophy Hunter XP........ ?????

dan brothers

I've been wanting a Tikka Hunter lefty 243, but the wait is getting longer...so I thought I'd give this Savage a run for it's money. 460.00 with 10.00 shipping...how could I go wrong... but then again I said that about my Ex-wife...LOL.

Anyways... has anyone had experience with this rifle...?

Savage 11/111 Trophy Hunter XP Bolt Action Left Hand Rifle .243 Winchester 22" Barrel Length 4 Round Capacity Black Synthetic Stock Matte Finish with Nikon 3-9x40 BDC Reticle Scope
weighs 6.8 lbs

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/7-G19696

The Accutrigger takes some getting used to if you haven't used one before, but it is light enough. Mine is a lefty in .223. It was a retirement present to myself. I have only had for about a month and it has only been to the range once due to a bad back and excessive heat.

Accuracy is coming along. I did not load for it, but used generic loads developed for our AR 15s. It shot well enough, but I expect it to improve through break in. I am completely happy with mine. And I also really like the detachable magazine.

I only paid $15 more for the package than I paid for a left hand Model 11 four years ago. The Nikon Prostaff is a first generation model and it is much better than the other package scopes I have seen. If it had been a new model Prostaff, I would have been tickled even more.

Mine is the one that came with the Bushnell scope and no accu trigger. I'm no professional marksman, but it shot good for me right out of the box. Added a rifle basix trigger and a Bushnell Elite. Now I love it even more. Have to admit though it is a little heavier than I was expecting. Makes my AR feel light.

My M11 .243 22" sporter is very accurate with my handloads.
Accutrigger is easy to use and adjust, I have it at 2lbs.
The best group so far was .430" with a 70g NBT with varget.
I paid $387 w/3-9 junk scope that came with it at Wallymart 6 months back.

I have high hopes for it... I'm glad it wears a Nikky scope... it's the same one I have on my muzzleloader... which is nice... but I have Bushnell 3200 Elite 5-15 that may be her new hat.

My whole goal in getting a lefty 243 is for going to the Dakotas this fall for coyotes... and since I've heard it can get pretty windy up there... I'm not sure to load this baby up with HOT 58 gr V-Max.... or 60 Sierra HP.... or 70 NBT...

What kind of receipe are you using 5Spd

Originally Posted By: dan brothershow are the triggers... and accuracy...

Trigger is alright I need to get up and replace the spring as it is still to heavy for my liking. Accuracy is just like most Savages .5-1" still searching for the 1 load. Have found a couple that are close but not what I want to settle on.

Needless to say you won't be disappointed with it. And it's nice to see a company put a decent scope on a rifle. It now sits on my new .22LR.

Back