HS precision stock help. Repairs needed.

gracie2fish

Bought a used HS Precision stock from a member here. The stock looks like it was used with a detachable box mag. The stock was cut out to accept the dbm. Anyone have any ideas on what to use to fill up these cut outs? I was thinking of devcon but any other ideas? I will have to make a form out of tape and inject the epoxy or whatever to make it look uniform then sand. Thanks.

Yes. It was turned into a dbm style. I want to turn it back into a bdl style. The owner cut two slits on the bottom to accept what i guess was a dbm. I figure that i would make a mold that follows the contour to make it look stock.

You can do it with Devcon or Acraglass. Then you will have to paint to match. It may have been for a factory Rem drop mag set up. You maybe able to find those parts and convert it to the Rem BDM , but I never thought it was that good of system.

Pettit Paint Co. used to make what they called "polyester filler compound" or "pfc". It is/was sold in a metal paint can and is used as a filler when repairing fiberglass boat hulls, etc.

I have mixed it with epoxy and used it to repair Bell & Carlson and HS stocks. The pfc is light gray but I use Brownells black dye to make the epoxy/pfc mixture match the black or darker gray stock color.

If you can't find this product, PM me and I may be able to help.

Jim

Back