X T Bar, OSO are my livestock Brands

Smokeless

I know that there are a lot of livestock producers here at PM.

I love brands and their history. I was wondering if some of you would share your brand, and any history with it.

X lazy connected T Bar is my own brand.

OSO was my fathers brand, and is now mine.

+/T was my great grandfathers brand. It was lost for a time and now they will not let me have that brand because there are to many + brands in my county. Great grandpa was a home steader in Colorado circa the 1900's in San Miguel county, Colorado. The Lone Cone Ranch.

My parents registered brand is "LC".
The tip of the L connects to the left-hand top portion of the C.
Very simple brand. It stands for L & C Farms. Dad's name is Larry, Mom's is Carolyn.
Now that they have officially "retired" this past year, I don't know what will become of the brand, since no one else in the family farms/raises cattle.

Side Note...
I always found it strange that they had a registered brand, since they never, ever branded their cattle.

My family brand was a 'caliper', registered pre-1900. When grampa died, registration lapsed. By the time dad caught it, the state would not re-register it without a second digit. So now it is the caliper lazy W. My brand was registered in 1980 when I went out on my own. reverse D connected W connected reverse 7....

90f1cf45.jpg

hunt010.jpg

yup....

24c124e4.jpg

the leetle one is used to cheek brand horses.

Don't you guys forget the most famous brand on the PM.
The ROCKINBBAR........

Here is my brand. Not registered, just a wall hanger. Circle LA for my name. Lance Adams. My friends dad makes em. Had him make one for my dad a few years ago. His is a double bar. Just two straight lines. It was his dads sheep and cattle brand when my dad was a kid. Im sure its not registered any more. Now that he has passed, i'll probably get his from my mom and hang it on the wall in the same room.

photobucket-27447-1340670622327.jpg

photobucket-25468-1340670661415.jpg

O-O connected. Grandpa had it, I got it. Sometimes called the spectacles, once in awhile unfriendlies will call it the dumbbell.

Walking J, Left hip cattle & horses. Under 7 in both ears on breeding animals, use an under 7 in the right ear on steers. Makes it easy to sort steers and heifers. No long history on the brand, but I was happy to get it since it is difficult to get a single iron brand anymore.

I use a 5" D high on the left hip on cattle, and a 3" D on the lower left hip for horses. Under half crop in both ears on the cows. Under half crop the left ear on all calves. Same brand and mark for four generations. Same ground since 1875.

Last edited:
We had two brands on the ranch where I was raised. One was my fathers and the other was my grandfathers. My grandfathers was a ? and my fathers was GN. Supposidly the question mark was kinda started as a joke so there was "no question" who's cow it was. The GN was made up by my dad and stands for Green and Neighbors.

I actually just refinished a coffee table my father built in high school that is made of railroad ties for the legs and one railroad tie running the length of the table down the center of the top. It's all tied together with iron and has some flat iron bent into designs to fill the voids. The really cool part is that my father took the railroad ties around town to all his neighboring ranchers and had them burn their brand into the ties. It looks really cool and I'll cherish it forever. Sucker is a pain to move though. It's about 200 lbs. I'll take a picture and maybe somebody will share it for me as I haven't taken the time to learn how to post pics on this site.

154819_10150095784556963_1266839_n.jpg

This is our families brand. Ranch was started in 1939 by our grandpa and grandma. It has now grown to over 10,000 acres and currently run a 3,000 head cow/calf operation. The tattoo is on my wifes foot honoring Papa George.

Me and my wifes personal brand is a rocking G. Started that when we married 9 years ago and starting raising performance horses. She hasn't got that tatoo yet.lol

Originally Posted By: ninehorsesI use a 5" D high on the left hip on cattle, and a 3" D on the lower left hip for horses. Under half crop in both ears on the cows. Under half crop the left ear on all calves. Same brand and mark for four generations. Same ground since 1875.

I am so proud of folks that still carry on.

My family was full of land and cattle, sheep, but then generations squandered what they had, and left us with the stories.

Keeping up the heritage is a beautiful thing! I respect that above almost all other. It tells me a lot about the man.

Back