F/S Great starting Decoy Dogs

wyoboy00

I inherited 2 male dogs from a local trapper, that I need a home for. 1/4 walker, 1/4 airedale, and 1/2 irish terrior. They are dirty tough at 1 year of age. They come from a proven sire and [beeep], at running coons, lions and decoying coyotes. They are ready to start anytime. They are friendly and mind fairly well. I can deliever with-in reason. I am asking 150.00 a dog or take them both for 225.00. Here is what they look like. I can send more pictures, on request.
Give me a call if interested.

Greg
307-331-9109

terrior1.jpg

Last edited:
There you go Awakeland, these are just what you been looking for wire coated, right kind of breeding. and definitely in the price range. You need to jump on one of these pups.

no kidding…still begging wife…..and begging….lol if i didn't work so much(12 hr days +1 hour drive one way) it be an easier sell….but i could totally take a mello dog to work….

Originally Posted By: Awakelandno kidding…still begging wife…..and begging….lol if i didn't work so much(12 hr days +1 hour drive one way) it be an easier sell….but i could totally take a mello dog to work…. I had a good friend that once told me. "You can always find a good woman, but a great hunting dog comes maybe once in a lifetime."

Originally Posted By: gonzagaEasier to ask forgiveness than permission....trust me, I know I totally agree with gonzaga on this, If I waited for permission I wouldn't have any dogs, guns or anything. You don't know how many times I went to a competion coon hunt and came home with a new hound or 2. It can be rough for a few days,but it will smooth back out.

…….yah its not like she would leave me, she'd just be annoyed till it grew on her, but my woman's a firecracker lol (we both did MMA when we first got together …she's got a mean right hook) it probably be worth the black eye jk
smile.gif
i'm going to see how far of a drive it is.

I would like to hear from one or both of the guys who got these dogs,how are they working out? Irish terriers hunting is not real common. I know they are crossed, but would like to here anything at all.

The one that I got, (brother) is very timid. He does not lead well. We are working on the timidness, and the leading part. He is a great jumper and a digger, We solved that with wire and a lid on the kennel. Like any other dog that is younger He needs some work. Which He is getting. I think My biggest concern is that His eye sight is poor, I am waitng for the vet clinic to get them checked out. He has made improvements. I will get Him on some trapped coyotes when I think He is ready and go from there. If His eye sight is bad I will be looking for another dog.

I like the Irish Terrier breed, Grit, strength, good brains, fairly good noses.

Scott

Hey thanks for the response,I wanted one of these but the distance was overwhelming.Keep us posted I'm sure Iam not the only one interested

Back