Your heaviest coyote

37lbs and it felt like it was 60! haha. Either way it had the most beautiful tail that I had ever got. Brought it home and two weeks later it died by the hands of my lab in the garage...
rolleyes.gif

Weev-

52# Shot it in my back yard. I was working on re-barreling a rifle in my shop and could hear the coyotes close by. I got tired of them so I grabbed my fury and my AR to setup by my barn. There was snow on the ground and full moon. I was looking about 250 yards away in my scope and it looked almost like daylight. I heard a noise and saw a coyote about 15 yards in front of me in the horse pasture. I had to look twice because he came so fast and was so big. Thought it might have been the neighbors dog. DRT and was too big for my 35# digital scale. My friend took him home to skin him and he weighed 52#. I saw some large coyote scat behind my barn the other day. Took a friend back there to look at it and it was gone. My dogs must have found it. My friend that skinned my 52# coyote shot a 102# wolf that Deer season. DNR posted it as a coyote but 4 months later the US Fish and Wildlife service said it was a wolf from Minnesota after all their tests.
Dave

Some big dogs posted here! I'm calling BS on an 80lb dog. here is my biggest, no scale but sure as heck not 80lbs because I hauled this SOB back to the truck! I would guess around 45-55 lbs. I'm 6'1" and when its hind legs touch my chin its nose is almost touching the ground.

oregon279.jpg

Back