need help with swaping out upper

reload

ok guys im new to the ar field so need some help me and a friend bought us a ar in 223 now he is wanting to change calibers so can he buy a diiferant upper in a differant caliber or will he have to buy a new lower for a differant caliber? if he can what all calibers will fit on a 223 lower it is a dpms gun.
thanks for the help and take it easy on me im new on the ar field i no its probably a simple question but i dont no the answer

There are a lot of calibers that you can change to with just the push of the take down pins. Here are just a few
17 Remington
204 Ruger
20 Tactical
20 Practical
223 WSSM
243 WSSM
25 WSSM
6.8 SPC
6.5 Grendel
300 Blackout
30 WOA

There are others made by Dtech (22 DTI, 6 DTI, 25 DTI) and other companies also.

Originally Posted By: reb8600There are a lot of calibers that you can change to with just the push of the take down pins. Here are just a few
17 Remington
204 Ruger
20 Tactical
20 Practical
223 WSSM
243 WSSM
25 WSSM
6.8 SPC
6.5 Grendel
300 Blackout
30 WOA

There are others made by Dtech (22 DTI, 6 DTI, 25 DTI) and other companies also.

There are also a few more that can be used with a magazine change.

Hey Reb! You forgot the best one, the 6x45.

Chupa

The reason he wants to change it is because he is wanting to be able to use it for coyotes and deer of course our deer only average around 100 to 150lb and he is not a reloader as of yet but he wants to get into it so what would you all recommend with having to by factory ammo?

Originally Posted By: Chupathingy
Hey Reb! You forgot the best one, the 6x45.

Chupa

I cant believe I forgot that one since I did own one.

Not sure what your game laws are but several of the calibers I listed have factory ammo and would work for small deer.

I'm seeing a 6.8 SPC in your future. Another option with factory ammo available is the .30 Remington AR, but it can be hard to find at times. It was designed to mirror the .308 up to a 125gr projectile.

Chupa

Back