AR+XLR Kill Light 250

Cycle-N-Squeeze

I would like to attach one to my AR, but I am not sure of the length, weight, or diameter? For you guys that have one fitted on your AR what mount did you use to attach it to the quad picatinny rail. Pictures are appreciated !

One thing I forgot to tell you was I use a quick connect 1" scope ring to mount it to my PEPR mount. It is the kind that has a lever and a cam, i bought it on E-bay for around $20 for two.
I will try and get some pics for you but it will take me a couple of days to find the time to do it.
PM me and I will send you a link if I can find it.

I used the mount that came with the kill light.

IMG-20120303-00204.jpg

Originally Posted By: rpc55I used the mount that came with the kill light.

I tried that, but the ring that came with the light wouldn't quite fit. I ended up using a Weaver tactical ring on a picatinny rail off to the side like yours. Of course, the light died on the second shot, so maybe that wasn't the best place.

I've just used the universal mount with my XLR 250 and put it on the tube of my scope in front of my turrets. All my scopes except one have 1" tubes and the one is my varmint rifle for daytime use that has the 30mm, so it goes from gun to gun without trouble. I used the velcro from a cable tie and wrap it around the forearm and stick the remote switch to it for a no-mar mounting solution. I left the velcro long enough to go around my AR free float tube and my combo gun forearm and just overlap it on the small forarm bolt guns. Haven't had any trouble with POI shift or light damage thus far. I run it on my 17HMR, AR 223, 17rem Bolt, and 12ga/223 combo gun.
PICT0359.jpg

PICT0301.JPG

ARCOREY, is the halo shield a must due to glare in the scope from where it is mounted? I have the Burris PEPR on my AR and was thinking of mounting a light of some sorts there.

Honestly, from those of you guys who have the XLR250 or the like, at what distance can you truly (without a doubt) identify an animal and take a shot?

ashbucket, to be honest, mine came in the kit and I haven't used it without it. I like it more for not illuminating my barrel and myself with spill-over light. I ran a big homemade filter on my Q-beam handheld for the same reason when I used it. Really had nothing to do with seeing better, just kept me from being seen as easily.

As for the night time ID part, there is no solid answer for that one. There are a lot of factors in how far you can truly ID an animal and each persons definition of what they call ID are different. Weather conditions like humidity, temperature, wind, precipitation, and things like terrain and the shooters eyesight will all be factors. Where I hunt, I've called in a bear, cows, deer, barn cats, a beagle, a labrador retreiver, and the neighbors wife plus red fox, grey fox, and coyote. A hard charging grey tabby and a grey fox look a lot alike at night with a red LED. A german shephard and a coyote aren't much different either. For me, I like to keep my shots under 100yds just to make sure. I also like a little time to watch the animal's walk and their behavior. Just looking at one or the other usually makes me a little uncomfortable when shooting at night. I usually try to setup in areas where I can't see much farther that way I can try and funnel them into that 100yd comfort range with my calling.

Back